Pictures

Thanx Tony.. guess I need to put a trip to Gaston's on my Bucket List.

Good pics Tony, hopefully next year Kevin and I will have some too!

I'll upload mine tonight.

I plan on uploading to the Gastons Fly-In Website, but here are the pics in Picasa...

http://picasaweb.google.com/sccutler/Gastons2010#

Thanks to all for a fine time!

LOL Spike I completely forgot about his one...

DSC02060.JPG

I'm just wondering if it would be an ROC violation to use it as my avatar... :D

LOL Spike I completely forgot about his one...

DSC02060.JPG

I'm just wondering if it would be an ROC violation to use it as my avatar... :D

I don't see why it would be... You were just commenting on the local avian, the Flippin bird.

Mari, I want to know if I can pull the rule Diana said last year and I have to approve the picture. :wink2:
Picture of me just not look good.:cryin:

Just kidding about needing to approve it. I really do not care.

Mari, I want to know if I can pull the rule Diana said last year and I have to approve the picture. :wink2:
Picture of me just not look good.:cryin:

Just kidding about needing to approve it. I really do not care.
If they all had to be approved we wouldn't have pictures of anyone! :rofl:

I have a video of the Baron fly-by but I don't know how to post it.

Mari,

You can upload it to Picasa just like the pictures. Works great.

Looks like y'all had a great time! Sorry that I missed it, but Laurie and I had fun in Canada (more on that later).

That same guy flew over last year. I'd recognize him anywhere.

Who was that masked man?

Actually, several folks made a low passes in the Baron; Looks a bit low for Steve's. Some were making low pass attempts at dinner <g>.

Best,

Dave

I didn't want to upstage the owner clipping the grass with the prop tips...:wink2:

Dave S's plane has a switch on the panel that I need on mine marked Air Conditioning... :)

Who was that masked man?

Actually, several folks made a low passes in the Baron; Looks a bit low for Steve's. Some were making low pass attempts at dinner <g>.

Best,

Dave

A video of the ILS landing that got me home on Sunday. There were a lot of weird layers right around the airport area. The ATIS was reporting OVC006 but I broke out closer to 800.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vMOvVN0ZXg

Actually - it was the first ILS where I've broken out of clouds and didn't immediately see the runway (had they turned the lights on it would have helped). I'm so used to breaking out and seeing the runway it was a surprise for a second.

A couple of shots I took on the way home out in Utah. High terrain and clouds and VFR.

Attachments

• 153.JPG
    153.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 49
  • 157.JPG
    157.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 46
Actually - it was the first ILS where I've broken out of clouds and didn't immediately see the runway (had they turned the lights on it would have helped). I'm so used to breaking out and seeing the runway it was a surprise for a second.

Breaking out at 800 I find is bad for that. Given that, it makes sense to follow the gauges until you're well broken out of the clouds. Closer you get, the more obvious the runway will be.

Scott just couldn't wait for me to post this one. Lunch on saturday. yum!

attachment.php

Attachments

• downsized_0612001241.jpg
    downsized_0612001241.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 237
I witnessed some high finance while I was at Gaston's. I think someone bought Spikes airplane and I caught the transaction!

Attachments

• 137.JPG
    137.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 78
Then there were some pretty nice pictures. And some for contrast.

Attachments

• 130.JPG
    130.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 133.JPG
    133.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 73
i tried to sell grant and leslies 182 to some locals who were looking at airplanes. unfortunately they didnt take the deal :)

I witnessed some high finance while I was at Gaston's. I think someone bought Spikes airplane and I caught the transaction!

No, it was the iPad being sold. :wink2:

Tony Condon and wife Leah peeking out from behind Spike.

Attachments

• 132.JPG
    132.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 63
Back