Pictures

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Just some pics I snapped on one of our flights in the Wooden Wonder last weekend. Wheelsup on Sat was at sunrise; nice orb in the fog shrouded hills I thought. Did 4600nm on the three day weekend, more than my vacation to Vancouver and back!
Oh, that last set; on the way back Sun am...middle of the oil patch we see this plume for 50 miles and its right on our track...didn't know if it was an uncontrolled blaze or what - get close and can see more detail: its a drilling rig (I believe), and they are ducting gas off to the side through a huge pipe. Whenever I see them do that I say, 'hey if they can burn waste gas and make that much fire, I should be able to use that to heat something!'

Attachments

• SunriseWestTexas2.JPG
    SunriseWestTexas2.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 40
  • SunriseWestTexas3.JPG
    SunriseWestTexas3.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 39
  • SunriseWestTexas.JPG
    SunriseWestTexas.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DrillingRigAction.JPG
    DrillingRigAction.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 49
  • DrillingRigAction2.JPG
    DrillingRigAction2.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 54
I get my K10D tomorrow... I can't wait to go up one day soon with it! :D

Wow, you were treated to an eyeful of candy with that sunrise... reminds me why early morning is my favorite time to fly.

P.S.--4600 miles in 3 days! WOW. Where'd you GO?

P.S.--4600 miles in 3 days! WOW. Where'd you GO?

The Wooden Wonder is quite capable but most of it was not via Viking. Here is most of the route, my puter says 4619nm

kmrf-elp-5t6-kpsp-pmd-kfat-pmd-kpsp-5t6-elp-kmrf-kt82-kmrf-elp-pmd-kfat-pmd-5t6-elp-kmrf
plus quite a few small deviations in Arizona, and a routing across Edwards AFB and associated R-areas!
(it amounts to, west Tx across S NM, S AZ, into Ca where we saw Big Bear airport, Catalina Is in the distance, up the Central valley to Fresno with a stop at Palm Springs Ca ....all twice...and one trip to Fredericksburg Tx)

beautiful - where were the sunrise picutres taken?

best I can tell it was:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...103.864746&spn=1.175075,2.460937&t=h&z=8&om=0
30 21 20N 103 51 45W

(home to me.)

Back