Pictures from the Paris Air Show...

Und es geht noch kleiner: "La Libellule" ist eine winzige französische Drone im Experimentalstadium

What the heck is this thing?

Cool Pics! :yes:

Let'sgoflying! said:
Und es geht noch kleiner: "La Libellule" ist eine winzige französische Drone im Experimentalstadium

What the heck is this thing?

Lesse if this page will upload.... well, had to resize. This oughtta do.

hey thats cool TB, babelfish. I'll have to remember that.

Seems like a micro-drone.

Carol said:
By the helicopter picture (#1):
"Cowboys des Himmels: Soldaten der US Army und ihr "Apache Longbow"-Helikopter AH-64D"

I never saw head covers like that. When did the Army start wearing them?

Did you ever see "Apocalypse Now"?

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

I like how the call them cowboys.

Carol said:
Evidently not :no:

Yeh, they do kind of look like the hats the guys in the horse calvary wore in the movies.
http://amos.shop.com/amos/cc/main/c...5550/ccsid/418216180-13140/ga/1/adtg/06160536

Carol,

The guys that actually served in the RVN can comment more accurately, but the helicopter eventually replaced the horse in the cavalry units, but some of the guys kept the old cavalry hats as a gesture to their past. They are "air cav". I think our own Bob Bruneau served in the famous 7th Cavalry (Custer's unit) in Vietnam. Correct me if I'm wrong Bob.

If you ever do watch the movie "Apocalypse Now" you'll see a few scenes where Robert Duvall is wearing a cavalry hat like the one in the picture. The helicopter scenes are my favorite part of that film.

Carol said:
By the helicopter picture (#1):
"Cowboys des Himmels: Soldaten der US Army und ihr "Apache Longbow"-Helikopter AH-64D"

I never saw head covers like that. When did the Army start wearing them?

Mid-1800s? The Army is rich in tradition and history. Air Cav is still Cavalry... those hats are a reflection of their unit's history.

Joe Williams said:
Mid-1800s? The Army is rich in tradition and history. Air Cav is still Cavalry... those hats are a reflection of their unit's history.

:redface:

Guess I should go and rent "Apocalypse Now" or some other war movies.

Thanks, guys, for bringing me (somewhat) up to speed.

AdamZ said:
Anthony, didn't Bob say he acutally served with Custer?

No, Washington I think. He had to move to PA to be closer to Valley Forge. :)

Back