Pictures from Diana's Party

Great pictures!! When do we get to see a video from the cockpit of landing at Diana and Tom's property?! I want to see it from the air!

Oh, and Diana: is this the most airplanes at your place at any one time? How many planes were there all told?

Great pictures!! When do we get to see a video from the cockpit of landing at Diana and Tom's property?! I want to see it from the air!

Oh, and Diana: is this the most airplanes at your place at any one time? How many planes were there all told?
I counted fourteen while I was there....

Here's an old one with a take off and landing from inside. :D You can even see the runways spinning by, on and off.

I think it was the most so far. There were about 20 during the entire day, plus the hot air balloon, but it was hard to count them since they kept coming and going...which was a lot of fun, actually.

Here's an old one with a take off and landing from inside. :D You can even see the runways spinning by, on and off.

I think it was the most so far. There were about 20 during the entire day, plus the hot air balloon, but it was hard to count them since they kept coming and going...which was a lot of fun, actually.

Nice video! Great music! I didn't think I'd seen it before, but I remember the top! ;-) :idea:

im baffled. i have no recollection of going around in the bird dog. how did you decide it was me, Dean?

im baffled. i have no recollection of going around in the bird dog. how did you decide it was me, Dean?

Seemed out of character for you, Tony...:D Maybe I just do so many bad landings I've learned to block them out...:D:D

How the hell could there be? Photos with that group are harder to get cleared for publication than one of Obama picking his nose.

The most important thing is....there were no unflattering photos. :D

I was pretty sure you were taxing out for a take off when I left the hangar and walked out to the end of the runway. Maybe it wasn't you, but whoever it was did a great recovery and made a perfect landing the second time.

I am doing well enough. Getting by. Have not been able to afford to fly, but that is the same old, lol. I am getting ready to go back to school, though. Kids are getting older and starting to develop that "attitude". They are healthy. Life is great!

Ok, John. Name names. What is the name of the town?

The People we always stay with live near Easton, KS. The reunion itself is held in Leavenworth, lots of family all around the area. It's actually been about 4-5 years or so since I've been out there, I had to get the name from my Mom.:blush:

Here is a little video that I made of last weekend's fly-in. Marc did a great job of shooting video on Saturday...thanks, Marc!

Marc even managed to capture Bruce on short final for Runway 03. :)

Last edited:
Here is a little video that I made of last weekend's fly-in. Marc did a great job of shooting video on Saturday...thanks, Marc!

Dang... looks like a wonderful time! I'm just sorry I missed it for a prior commitment.
Will your birthday be at the same time next year? ;)

I always get a big grin and a little misty watching these videos. But, I'm now extra geeked about 6Y9 next weekend.

Marc even managed to captured Bruce on short final for Runway 03. :)

Ok, sign me up for next year... I'm makeing it a long VFR cross country one stop of which will be the B-day party.

Dang... looks like a wonderful time! I'm just sorry I missed it for a prior commitment.
Will your birthday be at the same time next year? ;)

I always get a big grin and a little misty watching these videos. But, I'm now extra geeked about 6Y9 next weekend.
:D I hope you have a great time. :yes:

Ok, sign me up for next year... I'm makeing it a long VFR cross country one stop of which will be the B-day party.
Well, we may skip a year...it was a lot of fun, but it wore us out. :D

By skipping a year does that mean you won't turn 30 next year? :thumbsup:

marc
Haha. :D Aren't you nice. :yes:

BTW, we're still eating those brats everyday...those are GOOD! Thanks again for bringing them. :)

Or get your instrument rating and not have to worry about those pesky clouds... provided they don't show up as red on the 496.

:D I hope you have a great time. :yes:

Well, we may skip a year...it was a lot of fun, but it wore us out. :D

You have a year to recuperate and we have a year to talk you back into it.:D
To me this is much better than Gaston's!!!:yes:

Ha, don't let her kid you.

All I can say is if you ever fly over Twin Oaks and don't land or call on the radio, don't send a message later "Hi Diana flew over your place the other day"......

:fingerwag:

marc

Ha, don't let her kid you.

All I can say is if you ever fly over Twin Oaks and don't land or call on the radio, don't send a message later "Hi Diana flew over your place the other day"......

:fingerwag:

marc
How funny! :D And it's soooooo true! :D

:smilewinkgrin:

Back