Picking up passengers at Sanford fl. Ksfb

Theboys

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Theboys
Have some company flying alegiant into ksfb. Was thinking of flying over to pick them up. Anybody done this? I've done it at other airports and sometimes it's a hassle and sometimes not. Wondered about any experiences. Sure would save lot of Orlando traffic!

Have some company flying alegiant into ksfb. Was thinking of flying over to pick them up. Anybody done this? I've done it at other airports and sometimes it's a hassle and sometimes not. Wondered about any experiences. Sure would save lot of Orlando traffic!

Yes I've done it. I parked at Million Air and used their courtesy car to drive to the terminal to pick up the friend. No hassle at all.

Do they have a gate at the terminal I can just go too. Some airports do. Would simplify things.
You will probably meet them just outside the security exit. Make sure you know what they have for bags...

What airport are you going to from SFB ?

Do they have a gate at the terminal I can just go too. Some airports do. Would simplify things.

Call or check the airport's web site to see if that's possible. May not be if scheduled airline service is there. Doesn't hurt to call and ask though.

I'm just flying from PCM. (Plant city). I know in Omaha, for one, they actually have a gate number for you to go to and passengers just stay in security area and go to that gate and to the ramp. Thought maybe they had something like that. Wasn't really sure who to call on this. Usually seems like you get different answers from different phone calls. I can fly it in 25 minutes or less or drive in 2 hours with traffic. Plus anyone flying alegiant usually doesn't have much luggage usually.

I'm just flying from PCM. (Plant city). I know in Omaha, for one, they actually have a gate number for you to go to and passengers just stay in security area and go to that gate and to the ramp. Thought maybe they had something like that. Wasn't really sure who to call on this. Usually seems like you get different answers from different phone calls. I can fly it in 25 minutes or less or drive in 2 hours with traffic. Plus anyone flying alegiant usually doesn't have much luggage usually.

I have never been in the SFB terminal so I'm not sure how it's set up.

I don't blame you for flying versus driving.

Use the FBO. Most part 139 fields prohibit GA from being in the SIDA area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to get hold of someone at airport and couldn't get past the press 1 for this and 2 for that etc. I called millionaire fbo? The gal was super helpfull. She didn't know the answer but said she would find out and call back. 5 minutes later she called back and said she had talked with air operations and they don't allow ga on terminal ramp, but, that I was more than welcome to park on their ramp and take crew car over to pick my passengers up. No charge or ramp fee! So kudos to jenine for all the help!

I tried to get hold of someone at airport and couldn't get past the press 1 for this and 2 for that etc. I called millionaire fbo? The gal was super helpfull. She didn't know the answer but said she would find out and call back. 5 minutes later she called back and said she had talked with air operations and they don't allow ga on terminal ramp, but, that I was more than welcome to park on their ramp and take crew car over to pick my passengers up. No charge or ramp fee! So kudos to jenine for all the help!

That's good... I thought that was your plan. I didn't know you wanted to park on the airline ramp.
Glad it worked out for you.

Back