PHX area folks...

mdreger

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Mike
My daughter is going to school at Midwestern University in Glendale. She's studying to be a Physician Assistant, has completed the first year of classroom, and now goes on to do rotations in various hospitals, etc.

For these she needs a car. Most of her rotations are in Chicagoland, but three separate 6 week rotations will be in the Phoenix area.

So, does anyone know of a decent, cheap car for sale? The plan is to just use it in AZ, and sell, or give it away at the end of the year. Maybe one they were going to trade in for only a few hundred or so, but it still has a few months of life left?

I guess it has to have air conditioning. In her words "I need to be presentable and non-smelly upon arrival".

Oh, and in true college kid fashion, she needs it ASAP. She comes home for a week on Friday, and starts her first rotation out there on 7 June.

Craig's list - but watch the scams....

A few years ago I was looking at doing the same thing in the DC area. One of the cars I looked at was a Taurus owned by an actress in one of the Broadway touring groups. She said that it's fairly common for folks in the traveling broadway/ballet groups to be in a city for 6 months to a year - they buy used cars when they arrive and sell when they leave. Perhaps you can find that kind of deal in Phx.

Back