PHISHING? "A little help" with FTP - private message on POA

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Anybody else get a curiously phishing-like question via PM last night? This was from a user with zero posts. I'm thinking a reply to this seemingly innocuous question would be used to authenticate that your account is live. I haven't posted anything that would make someone with zero posts reach out to me as an "FTP expert."

Hello Sir,

Could you tell me if you have used smartFTP that does it have an auto-resume function and also a funtion to download files once they are added in a queue

IF not then could you tell me the best FTP software. It doesn't matter if its free or not

Thanks

Last edited:
Anybody else get a curiously phishing-like question via PM last night? This was from a user with zero posts. I'm thinking a reply to this seemingly innocuous question would be used to authenticate that your account is live. I haven't posted anything that would make someone with zero posts reach out to me as an "FTP expert."

Google smartftp pilots of america and you'll get your answer.

He only sent a message to you...but, as users from India usually are, he has been banned from the forum.

OK, thanks guys. Odd. If I was looking for info on whether a product supported auto-resume and queued file downloads, I'd go look at that product's spec page, not sign up on a forum and PM a stranger off a 4 year old post. :dunno:

You think somebody Googled a question from 2008 and signed up on THIS board just to send me a PM?
Yes.

When I posted my question about which negative scanners people were using, a brand new user sent me a PM mentioning some scanning service. Went straight into the trash.

Back