Peterson's SUV had GPS

Oops!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ebdec06,0,3206859.story?coll=chi_tab01_layout

I wondered how the cops knew to check the S&S canal.

I wonder if Mr. Sociopath was looking for ways to delete the breadcrumbs. Now that I think of it, my Nuvi doesn't have breadcrumbs.

Lawyer looking to have the warrant declared improper in 3,2,1....

Yeah, automotives generally don't have breadcrumbs because you can just punch in a destination and don't really need to backtrack, but the Nuvi is so portable and it has a "pedestrian" mode, so why not? My eTrex has one, and I know the Nuvi has more space for data, so I figure it'd be a given. Oh well.

Yeah, automotives generally don't have breadcrumbs because you can just punch in a destination and don't really need to backtrack, but the Nuvi is so portable and it has a "pedestrian" mode, so why not? My eTrex has one, and I know the Nuvi has more space for data, so I figure it'd be a given. Oh well.

I just noted that the Nuvi apparently can't even save routes. I thought that some land units could. It just calculates the optimum route based on your options, although you can add waypoint(s?) on the fly in the active route, or just drive the way you intended and it will "Recalculating!" you ta death.

You can also add your own Points Of Interest.

I just noted that the Nuvi apparently can't even save routes. I thought that some land units could. It just calculates the optimum route based on your options, although you can add waypoint(s?) on the fly in the active route, or just drive the way you intended and it will "Recalculating!" you ta death.

You can also add your own Points Of Interest.

Yep, point number two I don't like.

I drive from Florence to Greenwood via I-20 -> I-26 -> SC-72. It keeps me on highways, and while it might be a little longer, it's just as fast AND away from deer running into road territory. The nuvi wants me to go I-20 -> US-378 -> US-178. Needless to say when I turn off on I-26, it takes about 20 miles before the unit gives up on telling me to take a U-turn. Oddly enough, my ETA with the U-turn was worse than my ETA through my desired route.

But yeah, I'd rather not have to do "Add as waypoint" to get the nuvi to go the route I'd like. I'd like it to be kinda like TiVo suggestions. If I take the same route a few times, then maybe I like that route and that's the first one the unit should suggest.

Depends on the GPS. Mine has a "last 10" function....

I just noted that the Nuvi apparently can't even save routes. I thought that some land units could.

Plenty of land units can... The Nuvi 700-series can save 10 routes.

Of course, my 3.5-year-old Street Pilot 2620 can save 50. Ah, progress. :no:

Back