"Permanently" add a toolbar?

Pi1otguy

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Fox McCloud
At my company a few Office 2003 users miss the MS Office toolbar that used to be in Office 2000 and earlier. Due to upgrades/re-imaging of software and computers reinstalling the "old" toolbar from the office folder is not always viable.

I've found a workaround in which I make a folder of office shortcuts into a toolbar (right click the taskbar -> "Toolbars" -> "New toolbar") and that's exactly what they want. But if they close it, they'll have to redo previous steps and I'm not confident they'll manage.

Is there a way to add this to the list of toolbars (displayed on right click of taskbar - > "Toolbars")?

Thanks in advance,
-Sho

BTW:
Win XP, admin rights. Would like to avoid questionable 3rd party software & editing registry (company policy).

At my company a few Office 2003 users miss the MS Office toolbar that used to be in Office 2000 and earlier. Due to upgrades/re-imaging of software and computers reinstalling the "old" toolbar from the office folder is not always viable.

I've found a workaround in which I make a folder of office shortcuts into a toolbar (right click the taskbar -> "Toolbars" -> "New toolbar") and that's exactly what they want. But if they close it, they'll have to redo previous steps and I'm not confident they'll manage.

Is there a way to add this to the list of toolbars (displayed on right click of taskbar - > "Toolbars")?

Thanks in advance,
-Sho

BTW:
Win XP, admin rights. Would like to avoid questionable 3rd party software & editing registry (company policy).
Shoot I am trying to get rid of the Office 2000 toolbar on my home computer. I cannot tell you how many times I told to not start up on the restart, but there it is again and again and again....

Shoot I am trying to get rid of the Office 2000 toolbar on my home computer. I cannot tell you how many times I told to not start up on the restart, but there it is again and again and again....
Sort of like a Chicago liberal? :D

I've used created links in the task bar as well as in the IE links bar.

Back