Perhaps it's me, but...

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
Why does the display mode always revert to "hybrid " mode even when I have it set to "linear" mode in my profile?

Also, Is there a way to not display all of the older already read messages when it displays the new ones?

And one final stupid question for the completely inept, how does one "construct" a member hangar?

Bryon

My display selection seems to behave irrationally as well, and behaves differently with IE on the desktop and Firefox on the laptop. I've basically given up on switching between Hybrid and Linear, now I use "however it decides it wants to come up" mode! :confused:

I applaud the creators of this board for keeping a civil exchange alive. However, I find it very difficult to navigate. I much prefer to have a split window allowing me to view all the available threads while displaying the thread that I have selected.

sromaine said:
I applaud the creators of this board for keeping a civil exchange alive. However, I find it very difficult to navigate. I much prefer to have a split window allowing me to view all the available threads while displaying the thread that I have selected.
Like anything in life, it's what you're used to and how comfortable you are with change. This software simply isn't designed to do split screens at this time. Sorry.

I still don't like it as much. But hey, the costs were minimal. Besides, without it this community would temporarily be homeless.

I got used to it (with some effort).

Hey, did anybody save Marty Mayes' email address? I keep thinking I'll find it- somebody invite that boy over here.....

bbchien said:
Hey, did anybody save Marty Mayes' email address? I keep thinking I'll find it- somebody invite that boy over here.....

I miss Marty!

Why does the display mode always revert to "hybrid " mode even when I have it set to "linear" mode in my profile?
I'm not 100% sure, but try the following:
- Log out
- Delete your browser cookies
- Log back in
- Change your default viewing mode to threaded, and save
- Change your default viewing mode back to linear and save

No promises but I'm hoping that will fix it...

Also, Is there a way to not display all of the older already read messages when it displays the new ones?
This has been answered already in other replies, but for myself, I use New Posts and when I finish with a specific forum, I hit Mark Forums Read from the New Posts screen until I'm all caught up.

We can't make the old messages in a thread dissapear, however. That feature, to my knowledge, is unique to the AOPA forum software they use.

And one final stupid question for the completely inept, how does one "construct" a member hangar?
You should see a link to the hangar in your User CP

Back