Peoria Pilgrimage in Late October

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Anyone from Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas need their medical renewed around the last week of October?

If my DM2 numbers keep doing as well as they are so far, I'm considering going to see Doc Bruce to get the CACI issuance and off of the SI.

Direct flights between DFW and PIA exist, but currently there is no price advantage if I can find an additional pilot to split expenses.

So if anyone down here would like to experience the good doctor's hospitality and get your medical exam done right, post here or PM me.

Anyone from Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas need their medical renewed around the last week of October?

If my DM2 numbers keep doing as well as they are so far, I'm considering going to see Doc Bruce to get the CACI issuance and off of the SI.

Direct flights between DFW and PIA exist, but currently there is no price advantage if I can find an additional pilot to split expenses.

So if anyone down here would like to experience the good doctor's hospitality and get your medical exam done right, post here or PM me.

Mike,

If you go let me know. I flew from KPWK (just north of ORD) in March to see Doc Bruce for my medical. It was about 3 hours round trip. I am trying to rack up XC time to get to the 50 hours, and am looking for excuses. This excuse would be to meet a fellow POA poster...

Arthur

Mike,

If you go let me know. I flew from KPWK (just north of ORD) in March to see Doc Bruce for my medical. It was about 3 hours round trip. I am trying to rack up XC time to get to the 50 hours, and am looking for excuses. This excuse would be to meet a fellow POA poster...

Arthur

Will do

A couple of months ago I flew airlines from Austin to Chicago and rented a car to go see Dr. Bruce. This was way cheaper than the flights that ended in Peoria.

I kicked myself for not just driving or persuading another pilot to fly up with me in a club airplane. I didn't want to fly my airplane up there only to fail the medical. I passed though. :)

I'd forgotten just how much flying on airlines sucks these days.

I did look at the ORD/Midway and rental car option. Cost wise, currently it's almost a push with the direct flight to PIA. Toss in the 5.5-6 hours of rental car windshield time, I'd rather pay the slight premium to fly the Skylane with the ability travel on my schedule.

Fortunately, I'm at a point where I know I'll pass the medical exam under the SI allowances, so no worries there. My goal is to get into the CACI arc (A1c < 6.5, FBS <= 125) so I can be returned to the regular issuance pool.

Well, I'm planning to head that way in mid-late Oct but it looks like I will be taking a car from the DFW metro area and returning soon after. If I drive, I would have at least one seat open should someone want to share gas. I'll be going on to MI for a bit, and them back down to DFW metro.

I just got some good news last week with my latest bloodwork. A1C is now down to 5.5. Now I just need to lose those nasty 60 pounds. Mike if you fly into ORD, we could think about flying from KPWK to Mt. Hawley where Doc Bruce is.

Mike if you fly into ORD, we could think about flying from KPWK to Mt. Hawley where Doc Bruce is.

I'll keep you in mind as I get closer to the decision point.

Reviewing commercial prices into ORD reveals that none of the majors are making it affordable to go from Dallas to Chicago ($450 R/T). SWA is a little better, but not much ($375 but no non-stops).

For another reason, I've been tracking prices for a trip in September to Denver. That is an affordable one, so far seeing about $200 on Frontier.

Air Fare monitoring is a sport/art/science all unto itself.

Consider flying into KBMI (Bloomington, IL - about 40 miles from Peoria). I think there's at least one non-stop a day from Dallas. A quick check with Priceline showed fares as low as $360 for late October (if you don't mind a quick detour through Denver). Otherwise, you're back up to 450ish for the non-stops.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back