Pattern Question?

If I see a plane way out on final, I'm gone. It's about 10-15 seconds from hold short to wheels up for me and he's at least 30 seconds out, no worries. Even if I have a problem on T/O I won't be in his way as I'll clear the runway ASAP.

If I see a plane way out on final, I'm gone. It's about 10-15 seconds from hold short to wheels up for me and he's at least 30 seconds out, no worries. Even if I have a problem on T/O I won't be in his way as I'll clear the runway ASAP.

Even if you do have a problem on takeoff I'll just fly right over you and come around again. It's not a big a deal to fly a circuit...my pax can afford it and I'm NEVER in that big a hurry I can't wait a minute or two for a fellow pilot dealing with an issue.

Pull out right in front of me on final I may feel a tad different. (I know that's not what you were saying)

Dude broke his wing off his airplane in front of me once.

Ultralight landed (apparently hard) at the old Ft. Collins Downtown airport when he was #1 for the runway and I was #2. From the coils of cable lying next to the wing that was dragged down the runway, I'd guess he broke a cable. :)

He was freaking out on his handheld "warning" me long after I'd already seen it happen and started my go-around. His adrenaline may have been "slightly elevated". Heh.

Lets get along in the pattern please. Us students Soloing in the pattern do not have the many hours of experience you do. I do my best to let people know they should cut in front of me when I can. I extend my downwind when I have to, I will go around if my final is to short with someone still on the runway. I like to communicate. However, if you run your plane into mine, just know I have a BRS.

Back