Passion (crosspost)

tdager

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
LittleIronPilot
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif] So what is passion? Oh there are the dictionary definitions but they all seem to lack the raw emotion of what passion really means.

What do you have a passion for? What gets your blood going?

For me it is two things: my wife and flying (and yes, in that order).

Nothing on this planet makes me feel like I do when I hear my wifes voice on the phone, all wrapped in a warm blanket, with all right in the world. Her touch is like that of an angel and her smile is the sun shining on me.

Following that is flying. It has taken me a long time to come around to something that I have known, in my heart of hearts, all of my life.

Flying is me, and I am flying.

Nothing outside of my passion for my wife can compare to what I feel when I get in a plane (even more so when it is shared with my wife). The smell of the Avgas and the plane, the sounds of the engine, the radio traffic, all of it is simply a feast for my senses.

To lift off the ground and see the world from a vantage point that man has strived for since he walked upright and saw an eagle soar is something that is hard to describe, it must be experienced.

To navigate from one place to another, often many miles apart, in the three dimensional arena of flight, and then to land is sheer extacsty.

All of this is what passion is about....feeling something that goes to the core of who you are. I have had the infinite please of experiencing such passion in my life and look forward to continuing both passions until the end of my time on this earth. I sincerely hope you too can feel even a fraction of my passion in your life.

Live free, love hard, and smile at the wonder that is life.[/FONT]

Back