Passing a class II medical - need help

vshortt

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Aviator41
I've had my PPL license since 1992, but haven't flown in a number of years, so I have to get my medical back... but I think I have a problem.

I have reactive arthritis and have been prescribed prednisone (5mg) daily I've been dealing with it for about 24 months and it's all but subsided now, so I'm in the taper-off period of the prednisone.... thats not a big deal. the big deal comes with a hydrocodone scrip that comes with it.. instructions are to "take as needed not to exceed...."

I very rarely took the hydrocodone - maybe once or twice a month when the arthritis warranted it. It's well established that I have no adverse side effects with it and it's well documented.

Is there a way to still get a medical ticket having this scrip? i know hydrocodone is a no-no, does that mean that I'm a 'no go' to fly now? I'm getting back into aviation after being out for 7+ years and would hate to have this quash my hopes of getting in the air again.

Any help is appreciated.

Victor

Last edited:
Non-issue. Just wait 48 hours after taking. I've had a handful of HC scrips over the past 5 years. I didn't report them because I wasn't currently taking any when I filled out the 8500. They sit in the cabinet just in case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back