Passenger pick up logistics

Good luck Joyce!

For picking someone up at a strange (to you) airport, I recommend looking the FBO up on AOPA or State Aeronautics website, then giving them a call and asking. They know more about the airport, how to get to their place via surface streets, etc., than anybody else. You don't want your passengers to get lost or turned around.

For a 172N, just don't prime, or give one stroke at most.

Our C-150 doesn't take much to flood when the engine is already hot. I don't usually use any prime or at most a partial stroke while cranking just to overcome the shutdown leaning. If I put in a whole shot of prime before cranking, it floods the carb.

Good luck Joyce!

For picking someone up at a strange (to you) airport, I recommend looking the FBO up on AOPA or State Aeronautics website, then giving them a call and asking. They know more about the airport, how to get to their place via surface streets, etc., than anybody else. You don't want your passengers to get lost or turned around.

Thanks for the info. To you and everyone else. These are some great resources for directing passengers to airports in the event that I'm picking them up somewhere I haven't been before.

Back