Passed IFR checkride (same thread different story)

intubatmd

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Intubatmd
Finally got the monkey off my back and passed the IR ride today. Yahoo! In the end it was not as big a deal as I feared, other than the fact that it was a freakin' oven in the plane.

Oral was about 1.5 hours but no big surprises. Was on top of the facts but learned a few things, which was good. Flight plan was no big deal and the examiner was happy with my "guesstimating" ground speed based upon IAS, winds aloft and my course. I hope never to have to construct another wind triangle in my lifetime.

Flight portion went well. Harrisburg Approach was happy to help me out after I made my initial call-up and stated that this was an IR flight test. Managed to nail my altitudes and headings but, then again, I was watching them like a hawk. I will fess up and admit that the winds were quite tame today. I was able to get the ATIS and ID the localizer/VOR as well as handle the radios and fly the plane all at the same time. It finally all came together. Life is good sometimes.

Flying down to Outer Banks this weekend for a week off. I will be much happier making this trip in the summer with XM weather on board and an instrument rating. Thanks to all on the board who unwittingly helped me get over the hump. I have learned a lot of good stuff.

Back