PASSED CogScreen AE after initial poor performance - ADHD

BigJimSlade

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
BigJimSlade
Hello.

I was on ADHD meds when I was younger and was deferred due to that. Back in April I had my first round at the cog screen and did poorly on a few, and the second battery showed the same. I deferred going to college so I could focus on cognitive training. I had my second go at the test and I passed with flying colors.

After I failed we did all sorts of research and found a local Senior HIMS AME (not my original AME) who better understood the neuropsychologist process, etc. The test results will go back to him and he’ll get things assembled and submitted to the FAA.

He said he wants me to get a HIMS psychiatric (not psychologist) exam. It seems like he’s doing this because that’s how most of his HIMS cases are. The neuropsychologist was surprised to hear he suggested a psychiatrist exam, and that doesn’t appear to be a requirement per the FAA. The only issue was the ADHD meds when I was younger - nothing else. I’ve heard those can be $2,000 and that’s a lot of money for something that doesn’t appear to be requirement.

Can I push back?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back