Partnerships or the like in the Vicksburg/Jackson, MS area?

Bonchie

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bonchie
Just moved back here from DC. I've found a great deal on a club with a VFR Cherokee at Hawkins for the time being to just build time (but it's not good for much else), but I'm looking for an IFR XC bird at some point.

Full equity partnerships or just working out a monthly due + dry rate for a plane are both workable ways to do it I think. I'm open to anything. I'm an IFR rated pilot.

As an aside, my uncle may also be interested in something. He's a 25,000 hour former Army pilot and an A&P (no longer certified A&P, but still a great knowledge base for doing owner maintenance to save cash).

Respond or shoot me a PM if you have something in mind or know someone in the area I should connect with.

Last edited:
Have you checked over at KMBO? Not sure anything is there but I like that airport better than Hawkins.

Why not do it yourself? Let others pay for your plane, and the one you want.

There's a club there, but it's a little far for me to drive. Hawkins is 30 minutes from me and VKS and TVR are 10/15 minutes respectively.

The club there is also a little overpriced IMO. $6,000 buy in, $180 a month, and $140 an hour for a 182. I'd rather us just buy a Cherokee or the like ourselves vs. spending that much for a club that's nearly an hour away.

Last edited:
Why not do it yourself? Let others pay for your plane, and the one you want.

Certainly a strong possibility, but I thought I'd see if anything was already available in the area as well.

There's a club there, but it's a little far for me to drive. Hawkins is 30 minutes from me and VKS and TVR are 10/20 minutes respectively.

The club there is also a little overpriced IMO. $6,000 buy in, $180 a month, and $140 an hour for a 182. I'd rather us just buy a Cherokee or the like ourselves vs. spending that much for a club that's nearly an hour away.

Wow that does sound expensive! One I'm looking at is $1000 buy in, $85 mo dues, and $100/hour for a well equipped Archer. They're buying or have bought another Archer too. Pretty good compared to the one you mentioned!

Wow that does sound expensive! One I'm looking at is $1000 buy in, $85 mo dues, and $100/hour for a well equipped Archer. They're buying or have bought another Archer too. Pretty good compared to the one you mentioned!

That's like the club I was in when I was in DC. It was $1200 (fully refundable), $90 a month, and $104 an hour for a well equipped Warrior.

Last edited:
Ill keep an eye out up here for you (im at KSFT). I know of a Beech Sierra that may be coming up on the market.

Ill keep an eye out up here for you (im at KSFT). I know of a Beech Sierra that may be coming up on the market.

Cool. Take a peak at the bulletin board there for me if you get a chance.

BUMP.

Anyone in the area know of anything? Let's also expand this west to Monroe and the airports within an hour of Vicksburg, MS in LA.

BUMP.

Anyone in the area know of anything? Let's also expand this west to Monroe and the airports within an hour of Vicksburg, MS in LA.

My name is Chris I'm based at MBO in the Wesley Flyers club. Private working on Instrument. 32 age with approx 275hrs. I'm seeking time building partner for XC's with me. I have access to 182RG & 182Q @ $140 split $70. And our 172 is $90 split is $45. Wet!

The buy in was $6k but it's just tied up money and I've exited the club once before where my share increased in value and I actually profited $1k. All 3 planes just had a new paint job. Interiors are all updated. The 172 has a 430. The 182Q has aspen and 696 slaved. The 182RG with A/C has garmin touch screen and 696, very nice XC machine.

The club is fully booked at approx 20 members, but there are a couple looking to sell there shares.

Please contact me if you are interested in time building. 601-665-7880. Thanks!

Back