Panel Layout Softtware

tmyers

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Tim Myers
Does anyone know of a panel layout tool that might be available for free, or at least a dimensioned panel layout for my PA28 that I could put into ACAD?

Panel Planner looks like a great program, but they want $300 for it, and I can't get ePanel to do anything, I sent them an e-mail

I downloaded the software to check it out. I don't see a library or anything on their website. I checked their forums as well and didn't see anything aviation related. I would have liked to play around with potential panel designs as well.

I know it sounds quaint, but cutting out actual size pictures of the avionics and taping them in place will give you a pretty good idea of what will fit where. :D

I did think of that as well, but since I use ACAD it would be easy if I had something to start with.

I found Front Panel Designer and it works well but there is nothing to start with. They need some starter templates and instruments to set. In-expensive panels if you can get it laid out ok.

I did think of that as well, but since I use ACAD it would be easy if I had something to start with.

I found Front Panel Designer and it works well but there is nothing to start with. They need some starter templates and instruments to set. In-expensive panels if you can get it laid out ok.

I was actually going to say autocad as I use it as well.

How about just scaling pictures of the various instruments off of the internet and using those in AutoCAD or photoshop or something similar. Then you can get a close approximations of the size and can just slide things around as needed.

Back