Harley Reich

Attachments

• Cribstone Bridge.jpg
    Cribstone Bridge.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Lawreston said:
Skip:

I think it's you who'll relate to the uniqueness of this local(to us) one-of-a-kind in the world.
Thanks, Harley. It brings back memories of lots of things in the area, including Rock Ovens, just off the south end of the Crib Bridge. Finest Kind!

-Skip

Skip Miller said:
Thanks, Harley. It brings back memories of lots of things in the area, including Rock Ovens, just off the south end of the Crib Bridge. Finest Kind!

-Skip

Ah, yes; Rock Ovens -- great food. It's had a couple ownerships since back then, and under different names. New Jersey residents will remember, as will Florida residents, a chain of Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty restaurants. I've known Jack Baker for years(though after he saw the light and moved to Maine). "Trying" to retire he opened The Great Impasta(nationally-rated Italian restaurant) -- now operated by his daughter -- in Brunswick. Then he took over the old Rock Ovens and called it Jack Baker's Too. However, that name was changed and Jack calls it Jack Baker's Island Grill. The bear of a man couldn't stay out of the business and opened Jack Baker's Last Stand, but that one is for sale.

http://www.homesandharbors.com/inland.aspx?property=120

HR

Last edited:
Back