PA28-180 For Sale South Florida

Where the heck is the compromise here.
Wrong on many fronts.

I love motorcycle and have for over 30 years. When single, I did not date more than once anyone who didn't like motorcycles. Passed on a lot of pretty girls.

Found one who not only loved riding, she got her own, imagine how thrilled I was when I told her I wanted my PPL, she said go for it, I'll fly with you?

Who knows, maybe he posted this with the future Warden standing over his shoulder. If not, she doesn't have the family jewels in a jar, he has yet to grow a pair.

the future miss's doesn't like the idea of me flying anymore...

Brilliant! One day when I decide to sell my plane, I'm going to include this in the posting. Guaranteed 200 post thread and more visibility than I could ever pay for!

On the flip side, I'm certain the OP's asking price can be significantly dickered down. Clearly this guy has no negotiation skills...

Thanks everyone for your concerns... I'm not giving up on flying, just going to rent for now. So, if anyone is interested let me know.

Hey, if you want to pay 83k I will sell it to you for that. I listed it for 38k, so it could go to a good home :)

Brilliant! One day when I decide to sell my plane, I'm going to include this in the posting. Guaranteed 200 post thread and more visibility than I could ever pay for!

On the flip side, I'm certain the OP's asking price can be significantly dickered down. Clearly this guy has no negotiation skills...

Sorry, Brad I can't post what I negotiated with the miss's for on this forum. Gotta keep it PG-13 :goofy:

Sorry, Brad I can't post what I negotiated with the miss's for on this forum. Gotta keep it PG-13 :goofy:

In all seriousness, I hope she's worth it. I had a prenup and she didn't abide by any of it. In fact, she spent thousands trying to break it. Other than financial stuff which is quantifiable, which people can potentially fight anyway, the prenup a don't seem to be worth much anyway. Ok so you rent. Will she then give you an ultimatum after you sell that you can't rent? While I am not a lawyer, would an expensive hobby like flying be deemed a dissipation of marital assets? Just my 2 cents....

On the other hand while my fiancée is not thrilled with my motorcycle riding or flying, the only thing she insists on is I let her know what time the anticipated wheels up is and for me to text her when I shut down.

In all seriousness, I hope she's worth it. I had a prenup and she didn't abide by any of it. In fact, she spent thousands trying to break it. Other than financial stuff which is quantifiable, which people can potentially fight anyway, the prenup a don't seem to be worth much anyway. Ok so you rent. Will she then give you an ultimatum after you sell that you can't rent? While I am not a lawyer, would an expensive hobby like flying be deemed a dissipation of marital assets? Just my 2 cents....

On the other hand while my fiancée is not thrilled with my motorcycle riding or flying, the only thing she insists on is I let her know what time the anticipated wheels up is and for me to text her when I shut down.

Thanks for the two cents, glad my initial for sale tag line got so much attention. The fact that I could rent was part of my deal :wink2:. I have too much on my plate now to justify owning this beautiful bird. Hopefully whoever picks it up lives in the area so my little love affair can continue with my first love.

Very nice plane and I hope you don't regret/resent this in the future. Then again, I don't know anything about your circumstances and could be totally wrong. In any case, I have a buddy in Miami that may be looking for something and I think your 180 would fit his needs well. I'll let him know.

Thanks Hector! Tell him to give me a call, I would love to keep her in the area.:)

If you're trying to tell us you're selling the plane because the woman is a great lay, then you've got more issues than you could ever realize...

If you're trying to tell us you're selling the plane because the woman is a great lay, then you've got more issues than you could ever realize...

Yea yea, I have my other reasons. Just wanted to drum up some conversation. Easiest way to do that is throw the man card out the window lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It's your separate property. Keep the proceeds segregated, and use that pot to fund your renting and hopefully eventual re-entry to ownership. That way she shouldn't ever make an issue of flying affecting the family finances. (Note I said shouldn't, not couldn't).

I am not a lawyer or marriage counselor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time, and this is the way I fund my flying (renter and now 1/4 owner) without issue with a wife who will not fly with me. Works fine so far.

I am not a lawyer or marriage counselor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time, and this is the way I fund my flying (renter and now 1/4 owner) without issue with a wife who will not fly with me. Works fine so far.

:rofl: Something to think about.

Keep the aircraft, for Odin's sake! Like the man said, its yours! After your wedding the future Mrs. Susi will own half of everything you purchase even if she pays zilch. To put this in perspective, in my house I own outright exactly one thing, a plastic discolored kitchen spoon. And no way am I getting rid of that spoon!

The other very serious note here is that relationships are a series of compromises. If your aircraft is really important to you and your intended is making you get rid of it that isn't much of a compromise, at least not in my book. What's she giving up to make this work?

Give up flying what a way to start a happy marriage ,what will you have to give up next.usually they wait till after the wedding to try and take total control.keep the plane and your sanity.

"She climbs swiftly due to the booster tips right along side the new Cirus. "

I'm calling fraud.:wink2:

I got a brand-new Bose headset for my fiance....

Y'all know the rest of that joke :)

In fairness to OP. Aviation is just one more thing that some humans do. It might not be as "special" to him as say giving up your habit of leaving your skid mark stained underwear on the bathroom floor. I mean, he doesn't seem to be the type of guy who sits on POA all day pressing the refresh button just waiting to respond like us normal pilots. :D

That's cuz he's only allowed to use the computer for 15 min per day. Duh!

By the way, I DO hope this all works out for ya mr. OP.

In fairness to OP. Aviation is just one more thing that some humans do. It might not be as "special" to him as say giving up your habit of leaving your skid mark stained underwear on the bathroom floor. I mean, he doesn't seem to be the type of guy who sits on POA all day pressing the refresh button just waiting to respond like us normal pilots. :D

There is growing out of hobbies and being levered out of hobbies. Wonder what lever a woman uses to get a man out of a plane. Even if it is time for him to move on from ownership she will love him less if he does it at her bidding.

Well, he did say he was allowed to rent.:rofl:

This could be just a rational decision to sell based on the amount of time spent flying versus the cost of owning an airplane. She may have just given him more incentive;).

Just because the vast majority of us have the disease so bad we don't calculate or justify our ownership costs doesn't mean everyone else is that brain dead.:D

Not that I believe he should be made to give up a passion for the sake of a relationship that should not ask for that kind of sacrifice to begin with. It's just that he may not have the same passion for flying that the rest of us do.:rofl:

Sounds like he's planning on renting the wrong thing.

It's not the fact that he's selling the airplane. Sometimes that's a good financial decision when you are looking at a marriage, supporting a family in the future, and want to keep expenses low. But the big thing is the tone of the original post:

So the future miss's doesn't like the idea of me flying anymore so my cherished escape from reality is up for sale :sad:

Maybe he will claim it was tongue-in-cheek, but these are not the words of a man trying to do something responsible for his family. These are the words of a man who will have resentment and bitterness in the very near future. Careful, dude.

I don't really see that putting up an excuse for selling the plane is all that big a deal. When I go to the usual websites to look at planes, about half the sellers just lost their medicals and about 75% of the planes were always hangared. The messages are that most pilots are just on the edge of losing their medicals because we are all so ill and the guys who just tie down their planes are so happy with them that they never sell them. I can also get you some great deals on bridges.

Sounds like he's planning on renting the wrong thing.

The infamous three F's, and I have all three. Am I doomed?

:no:

When I got married I had three fast bikes, and I told her this was a package deal! Fast forward and I no longer have three bikes. :(

Well, just two, :D but I learned to fly, partnered in a plane, and now have a small boat for family fun on the lake.

No ultimatums either way, gotta work it out.

Guys (and gals)...seriously...we're wasting our time here.

If you check out his twitter account (same user name as here) he's hawking his fiance's homemade pillows on Etsy. She goes by the handle of "DevilWearsBarbie"

Sigh...

So women entitled enough to make wussies out of their husbands(and sons)are what is wrong with GA?

Guys (and gals)...seriously...we're wasting our time here.

If you check out his twitter account (same user name as here) he's hawking his fiance's homemade pillows on Etsy. She goes by the handle of "DevilWearsBarbie"

Sigh...

And he thought maintenance on an airplane was high.

Had a co-worker once, don't quite remember how it all started, but he complained about something over lunch, and another friend said "That's 'cause you're a wussy".
That stuck. For a year and a half or so

- The weather sucks
- That's 'cause you're a wussy

- The flight was delayed
- That's 'cause you're a wussy

- Cubs lost
- That's 'cause they are wussies. Not as bad as you are though

And some people never learn too.

The infamous three F's, and I have all three. Am I doomed?

:no:

When I got married I had three fast bikes, and I told her this was a package deal! Fast forward and I no longer have three bikes. :(

Well, just two, :D but I learned to fly, partnered in a plane, and now have a small boat for family fun on the lake.

No ultimatums either way, gotta work it out.

I've got 1 fast bike but I still need a CBR1000 and a CB750 to complete the collection.

I sold my zx6r recently, made me sad....

Going to buy a plane though...that makes me happy!

this may be the only thread on here where everyone agrees lol...

Why did you have to ruin the good/bad run POA has been on with total disagreement by showing evidence of agreement? :D

David

Back