PA & NJ trip, need suggestions

robsingles

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Rob Singles
I am going to be taking a trip up to Altoona PA (AOO) to see a friend of mine that goes to college up there, I am curious if there are any good flying attractions within that area? Maybe a good restaurant? Also I am planning to fly to the Meadowlands for a football game while I am up there. I am curious which airport would be the best? I will need to use public/taxi/hotel transpiration to get there as I am 19 and can not rent a car. I have looked at TEB but would like to find an alternate if possible?

Thanks in advance.

I would consider MMU Morristown. Take some cash and get a cab from signature. The cab will cost you around 30 bucks or so and is worth it to me, and it eliminates alot of headaches from all the "Right Turns" to turn left....its an N.J. thing.

I don't know about any of those places but can you do me a favor and check out south NJ? Vineland and Millville aprts, specifically. Vineland is 25 sm south of Philadelphia and Millville a couple minutes south of Vineland. Fairton, 5 minutes west of Millville, has a marina and resort on the river and a spectacular golf course from what I hear. Both aprts have great onfld restaurants and Millville offers deep discounts on fuel last I heard.

Caldwell (KCDW) is next closest to the Meadowlands after Teterboro. Towered, lots of small plane activity but no big corporate stuff to get in your way.

Richard said:
I don't know about any of those places but can you do me a favor and check out south NJ? Vineland and Millville aprts, specifically. Vineland is 25 sm south of Philadelphia and Millville a couple minutes south of Vineland. Fairton, 5 minutes west of Millville, has a marina and resort on the river and a spectacular golf course from what I hear. Both aprts have great onfld restaurants and Millville offers deep discounts on fuel last I heard.

Millville has an EXCELLENT restaurant. They've opened a branch in Cape May now as well. The Cape May facility doesn't look as nice, but the food is just as good.

The name of both is "Antino's".

Ed Guthrie said:
IIRC, Altoona has a nice restaurant in the terminal building.

I haven't eaten there but have heard good things about that restaurant also. It is on my "to do" list.

Jim G

Cruise over to Lancaster and visit Airways pilot shop, and have a yummy lunch at the terminal. Don't know what you are flying, but it's probably an hour and a half or so.

grattonja said:
I haven't eaten there but have heard good things about that restaurant also. It is on my "to do" list.

Jim G

I ate there once, but I can't remember which restaurant it is within the foggy memory banks. I do remember adding it to my, "If you are ever weather delayed, here would be a good place" list.

grattonja said:

Jim G

Jim:

You have a choice of two resturants at Millville. The Flightline and Antino's. The Flightline is usually only open for breakfast/lunch. Antino's is open for breakfast/lunch and dinner. Since the Flightline is owned by my aunt, I'm partial to it. Antino's is pretty new, haven't been in there yet and have no info from anyone else on it's quality. The deck at Antino's is great if the weather was good.

The Millville Air Museum is nice for a short diversion. The FBO there (Big Sky) does have a nice lounge with big comfortable easy chairs to take a nap in.

Gary

Back