PA-28-236 (Dakota) High oil temp

DesertNomad

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
DesertNomad
My CHT/EGT temps are good (370F/1300F).

However, my oil temps are at the top of the green. This pic show s it well but sometimes it is 1/3 of a needle higher.

Any thoughts on a solution or is this ok?

I am a new owner so new to all this. Engine is low time (570 Hrs).

Attachments

• panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 68
My CHT/EGT temps are good (370F/1300F).

However, my oil temps are at the top of the green. This pic show s it well but sometimes it is 1/3 of a needle higher.

Any thoughts on a solution or is this ok?

I am a new owner so new to all this. Engine is low time (570 Hrs).

that's not top of the green, try a turbo-Dakota if ya really want to see top of the green. :)

What oil are you using? I see a ten degree temperature drop using a semi-synthetic.

that's not top of the green, try a turbo-Dakota if ya really want to see top of the green. :)

What oil are you using? I see a ten degree temperature drop using a semi-synthetic.

Aeroshell W15W50.

I'll need to check on the baffle.

Have you verified the gauge? Is the oil pressure low? My Warrior reads that way but the gauge is reading a good 20 degrees high. If the pressure holds mid green with the temperature there don't worry about it. Charlie Melot Zephyr Engines

My Arrow runs at about the same spot. I know it is a different powerplant but my indicator is dead on with yours.
Biggest thing to look for before having the gauge verified is whether or not it has changed recently.

I have only owned the airplane for a couple weeks and have put about 14 hours on it so I don't have a good baseline to judge it on. The oil pressure is good... middle of the green.

Might be the gauge. I know you just bought the plane, but you may want to invest in an engine monitor when you get a chance. I don't even look at my factory gauges any more.

I have an engine monitor but it only does CHT and EGT per-cylinder as well as OAT... it's a GEM610.

Back