PA-16 fuselage

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Any one know of any facility that is building them or would build one?

I think that's what the Wag-Aero Sportsman is but it's not certificated.

I think that's what the Wag-Aero Sportsman is but it's not certificated.
If it is the same fuselage, I don't need a PMA, it will be a repair, same as If I built it.

Sorry Tom I just looked and Sportsman is PA14 (Family Cruiser) knock-off. The other kit is a PA15 (Vagabond)

Did you call Univair?

Yes I did they do not build the 16 fuselage, I'm still trying to get a response from Wag-Aero.

I'm trying to figure out the differences of the PA-20/22 fuselage and the PA 16.

I have found that there are some brackets that will be different. such as control cables routing from stick to yoke etc.

Sorry Tom I just looked and Sportsman is PA14 (Family Cruiser) knock-off. The other kit is a PA15 (Vagabond)

I think their 2+2 Sportsman is a close fit.

still trying to call wag for the right guy who knows.

May try Amer Legend Cub down in TX. I think they have a model that is the same as the PA-16 or maybe the 18?

May try Amer Legend Cub down in TX. I think they have a model that is the same as the PA-16 or maybe the 18?

They build look-a-like PA-18s with no paper work. sold as a kit plane Experimental Amateur Built.

I think their 2+2 Sportsman is a close fit.

still trying to call wag for the right guy who knows.

The Sportsman is a PA14 knockoff which was basically a widened 4 seat PA12. The PA16 was a lengthened Vagabond and much closer in design to the Pacer so no, I don't think the Sportsman will do it for you. Their Wag-a-bond model would be closer but only two seats.

Back