PA—46 Down KORS-4 ok

Omalley1537

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Sean
Hadn’t seen this one posted yet. Dad lives up there, drove past shortly after it happened.

“wonderful” journalism aside, sounds like a possible botched go-around. Prop tip (the visible one) doesn’t look like it was turning though.

The article gives a few clues. Orcas needs an attentive approach and airspeed.

Just guessing but sounds like an emergency landing with an over-run. That prop looks stopped to me. Seems like if that big motor was running would have annihilated that composite prop. The PA46 glides really well, and the pressurized cabin which literally holds tons of pressure, is so strong that if you put one down at landing speeds you will likely be OK. Just don't hit something really hard like a tree or building. Looks like a good job done in a bad situation.

Just guessing but sounds like an emergency landing with an over-run. That prop looks stopped to me. Seems like if that big motor was running would have annihilated that composite prop. The PA46 glides really well, and the pressurized cabin which literally holds tons of pressure, is so strong that if you put one down at landing speeds you will likely be OK. Just don't hit something really hard like a tree or building. Looks like a good job done in a bad situation.
Obviously reporting was…ahem…lacking. That said, I tend to believe he/she didn’t simply overrun as there is a fence and road between the south end of the airport and where they came to rest. I’d think the nose and prop would be in far worse shape had it not lifted off at least briefly following the attempted landing.

Back