P82 just flew over?

brcase

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Brian
Funny how you notice you messed up the title just as you press save. Meant to say P82 Twin Mustang flew over.

Friday I looked up to see what looked like a P82 Twin Mustang and a Navion flying in formation (southbound) near Boise. Another pilot told me he had seen the twin fuselage airplane flying a day or two before.

I didn’t know any P82’s were currently flying. Anyone know of one, or anything like it that I might have saw? It did seem a bit small for a P82, might have been a scaled down replica.

I was to late taking a photo graph and just got two grainy spots, can’t tell that one has the twin fuselage.

Brian

Only two projects I know of. One in Douglasville GA that should be close to first flight and one up in MN.

Pretty sure I found it. I think it as 2 Su-26's that have been joined together and had a jet engine pod added in the center. Pretty sure it will be on the airshow circuit soon.

My father asked me what kind of plane was doing acrobatic out by his place that was both a prop and jet.
Friend of mine saw the plane at the Mountain Home airshow
IMG_0838.JPG
Brian

Last edited:
Pretty sure I found it. I think it as 2 Su-26's that have been joined together and had a jet engine pod added in the center. Pretty sure it will be on the airshow circuit soon.

My father asked me what kind of plane was doing acrobatic out by his place that was both a prop and jet.
View attachment 64375
Brian

That certainly is interesting.

You can edit the title you know.

I am still waiting for this one to fly over....;)

pM1170005%20.JPG

View attachment 64375
Brian
This would have looked so much cooler if they'd figured out a way to get rid of the inner two gear legs. It's an interesting concept that will get a lot of attention, but it sure looks strange.

This would have looked so much cooler if they'd figured out a way to get rid of the inner two gear legs. It's an interesting concept that will get a lot of attention, but it sure looks strange.

I agree. You'd think that with the engineering work they did to join the two and add a jet, they could have also done some engineering to alter the landing gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back