P-38 found on the beach in Wales

If they can restore a P-38 that's been buried in a glacier for 50 years into flying condition, I'm sure they can restore one that's been buried in sand, too. All it takes is money! (and much more than I've got) :)

If they can restore a P-38 that's been buried in a glacier for 50 years into flying condition, I'm sure they can restore one that's been buried in sand, too. All it takes is money! (and much more than I've got) :)
A complicating fact: Glacier Girl was surrounded by fresh water ice. This P-38 has been surrounded by sand drenched in salt water. There could be significant corrosion on this airplane. I suppose that is nothing that money can't fix, though.... All you really need to restore this airplane is the data plate and the $.

-Skip

A complicating fact: Glacier Girl was surrounded by fresh water ice. This P-38 has been surrounded by sand drenched in salt water. There could be significant corrosion on this airplane. I suppose that is nothing that money can't fix, though.... All you really need to restore this airplane is the data plate and the $.

-Skip

Yeah, and if you watch the documentary on Glacier Girl, they built and scrounged up so many replacement parts that in the end you could only say the flying version occupied the same space as the original.

Back