Outlook Web Calendar?

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
How the hell do I do this:
http://arc-a.org/foundation/MGCalendar.htm

Basically, I have a calendar in Outlook 2007 (Exchange 2003), it is shared between a few people, and they want it to be published to our external website. Looks like its been done before. How do I do that? Anyone ever done that before?

Probably have to set up some sort of Outlook Web Access in general to be able to make a calendar work. I have no clue how to do it, but here at the university some people are able to access their Outlook email via a web interface and it looks pretty much like the Outlook desktop interface when the log on.

BUT, not everybody has access to it, so it must take some special rights/setup of the Exchange server to make it work. I would look at how to get Outlook Web Access enabled and see if that allows publishing of calendars.

Probably have to set up some sort of Outlook Web Access in general to be able to make a calendar work. I have no clue how to do it, but here at the university some people are able to access their Outlook email via a web interface and it looks pretty much like the Outlook desktop interface when the log on.

BUT, not everybody has access to it, so it must take some special rights/setup of the Exchange server to make it work. I would look at how to get Outlook Web Access enabled and see if that allows publishing of calendars.

Well, we don't have OWA enabled, and as can be seen by the link I posted (that's our site with one of our calendars on it), somehow, someone did it before. LOL. This is puzzling.

Well, we don't have OWA enabled, and as can be seen by the link I posted (that's our site with one of our calendars on it), somehow, someone did it before. LOL. This is puzzling.

Ahhh.. OK.. I thought that was someone else's site that you were trying to copy. ha!

Well, in that case, I obviously have no clue what I'm talking about. :D

Well -- I'd start by looking at the IIS server to see what exactly MGCalendar.html was.

Well -- I'd start by looking at the IIS server to see what exactly MGCalendar.html was.

That's the thing, it doesn't appear to be anything more than a static page. But apparently, it updates.

That's the thing, it doesn't appear to be anything more than a static page. But apparently, it updates.
So -- when you preview it -- it is literally just a static page that has all the calendar content? If so, I'd guess some weird third party thing is populating it.

Just check your company's IT documentation.

So -- when you preview it -- it is literally just a static page that has all the calendar content? If so, I'd guess some weird third party thing is populating it.

Damn, ok, was thinking there was some feature of Outlook I wasn't aware of.

Just check your company's IT documentation.
I am my company's IT documentation.

I'd be willing to bet that somebody has an outlook plugin installed that's pushing it. Can you see any FTP logins to your IIS server?

I'd be willing to bet that somebody has an outlook plugin installed that's pushing it. Can you see any FTP logins to your IIS server?

That's going to take some digging to find. It hasn't been updated since June (either that, or there's been no calendar additions since June).

Blegh, I'll just write my own calendar for these people. It'd be easier than trying to figure this out.

Back