Outlook-saving emails to a file.

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
I use MS Outlook 2002 SP3 at work. Is there anyway when I send an email I can have it saved to a specific file? I see in options I can set where they are saved but it appears that that all the emails will be saved to the same place. Currently they are saved to my "sent items" section in Outlook. After I send them I then go to sent items click on the email and click "Save As" then name it and save it to the Jones Real Estate file or the Smith Criminal file or what ever subfile is appropriate. Kind of laborious and time consuming. Is there a better way?

Thanks

I tried that but it won't drag. in addition The file I want to put it in is usually a subfile that is not open. for example; When I save an email say a title insurance email I to the following
1) Go to my "H" drive click on that.
2)Then click on "Adam"
3)Then Click on the " Real Estate" File
4)Then click on the "Title" Subfile
4Then click on the specific client sub file and save it in there.
If a client has multiple files I have to click on the client sub file and then the subfile for the specific matter I'm working on.

In outlook - Menu - File - Import and Export.
Follow the wizard. :)

Oh, never mind, I just read the specifics...

Hmm. Possibly the rules wizard.

You can do it with the Rules Wizard, but it takes two steps.

1. In Tools / Options / Email Options, deselect the option to "Save Copies of Messages in Sent Items Folder."

2. Use the Rules Wizard to create a rule to check messages after sending that copies the messages to the folder you desire.

It's sort of a kludge because you'll have to create separate rule(s) for every client, probably using their email addresses as the trigger.

There's also a program the Sperry puts out that claims to do this more elegantly. I haven't used it (I don't like Outlook and haven't used it in many years), but you can check it out here.

Rich

Last edited:
Anything like that for Outlook Express?

I looked around for one, Spike, but didn't find any.

Rich

Back