Outlook Question

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
My office has a small pier to pier network with three computers. My my partner and my secretary all have Windows 2000 with word, Excel, Outlook etc.

We want to make it possible for our secretary to look at our outlook calanders from her computer or have ours merge with hers so all of our appointments are available to her and so that she can make appointments for us without haveing to go into our individual offices and getting on our computers.

My partner and I however do not want to clog our own calanders with each others appointment. I certainly don't want to get all his appointments on my PDA ( Treo 600) when I hot sync nor he mine.

Is this possible with Outlook? Do I need to buy another program to work with outlook? Can I even accomplish what I am looking to do. I suppose I should just buy Outlook for Dummies as I also have to figure out how to automatically send email to different files.

Well thank for the advice in advance!

AdamZ said:
My office has a small pier to pier network with three computers. My my partner and my secretary all have Windows 2000 with word, Excel, Outlook etc.

We want to make it possible for our secretary to look at our outlook calanders from her computer or have ours merge with hers so all of our appointments are available to her and so that she can make appointments for us without haveing to go into our individual offices and getting on our computers.

My partner and I however do not want to clog our own calanders with each others appointment. I certainly don't want to get all his appointments on my PDA ( Treo 600) when I hot sync nor he mine.

Is this possible with Outlook? Do I need to buy another program to work with outlook? Can I even accomplish what I am looking to do. I suppose I should just buy Outlook for Dummies as I also have to figure out how to automatically send email to different files.

Well thank for the advice in advance!

You don't want to merge calendars (you're right about that)... just share your calendar with her and make it so she can make changes.

Instructions here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011477571033.aspx

Video instruction here: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC010333631033

Not a problem with outlook just make the secratary authorized to see your calendarrs from your version of outlook.

If I had my laptop on I would tell you exactly how to do that.

Our secratary can see all of our calendars and we can see others only when planning meetings through the meeting request function. She has to take an active step to see things on our calendar. It is not as though your calendars are superimposed on hers.

Adam.

Buy TimeMatters. www.timematters.com

You will have a learning curve, after which you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

You can and should have synchronized calendars, which will (in turn) synch-up with your PDA (treo, HPC, whatever). You can mark certain records, "Private," and only you will see them; and you can choose whether the calendar synch sends only your records, or everyone's records, to the PDA.

What's best, though, is the telephone call record function; pop up a phone call box and take notes about a matter or client; later you forget what work you did that day (not that any competent lawyer would ever do such a thing ;-) , look at your phone call records. It also allows your assistant to take messages, and they pop-up on your computer automatically.

Lots more it does; ain;t cheap, but for a professional practice, you'd be amazed how much it can help you.

My $0.02.

Back