Our Hangar

N1347B

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Deb McFarland
Until further notice there will be no hotdog lunches at the McFarland hangar until the roof that blew away is found and replaced. Lester is okay, but all the tools, parts that were off of Lucy for the overhaul and other various items are soaking wet. My vintage couches, Keely's boom box, the radio, etc...are all wet. The refrigerator that holds the liquor is okay.

I'm sad to say that the vintage Polar Bear salt shaker that was given to me by writer Joel Elman did not survive the storm.

All in all, I can say that tornadoes suck. :(

Clean up begins tomorrow.

Deb
Pickens County Airport, Jasper Georgia, JZP

All in all, I can say that tornadoes suck.
Ouch. Sorry to hear it.

Deb
Hey, I didn't know you were there...I wound up spending an unplanned night there on the way home with my Zodiac from the factory. I met several other folks while I was there, too. Nice place. Hope there wasn't too much damage overall.

Glad you are OK.

Until further notice there will be no hotdog lunches at the McFarland hangar until the roof that blew away is found and replaced. Lester is okay, but all the tools, parts that were off of Lucy for the overhaul and other various items are soaking wet. My vintage couches, Keely's boom box, the radio, etc...are all wet. The refrigerator that holds the liquor is okay.

I'm sad to say that the vintage Polar Bear salt shaker that was given to me by writer Joel Elman did not survive the storm.

All in all, I can say that tornadoes suck. :(

Clean up begins tomorrow.

Deb
Oh, no, Deb! How awful. :( Did this happen today? It's good to hear that Lester is OK. And you and your family, too.

If I was closer, I'd come help with the clean-up. It's a lot of work, but not as overwhelming when lots of people pitch in and help.

My friend lost his hangar and airplane in a tornado last May. I posted photos here. Now he has a new TriPacer and a new hangar and he rebuilt his house. It's been a long, tough haul for him.

Deb, I'm sorry to hear you guys got hit. :(

Dang Deb, sorry to hear that! We're going to be flying within a hundred miles or so of you on Tuesday, if you need us to bring you anything! Glad that the fridge is okay, though! :)

Back