Oshkosh thank-you thread

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Been thinking about this as I was writing a few thank-you notes and thought it would be a good idea to thank a lot of you here.

Thank you to Jay Honeck for taking good care of me and my airplane in Iowa and for not getting upset about my taking up so much of your time when you were already very, very busy and for not getting upset when my airplane dumped fuel in your hangar. You are a kind and very patient man. :yes:

Thank you to Kim for bringing the wine (and bringing Phil! :D) to our campsite for a fun evening, and for that other thing. ;)

A BIG thank-you to Brian for ALL the pep talks along the way (even during the flood in the middle of the night! :eek: :eek:) and for spending so much time helping me with the presentation. :yes:

Thank you to Ken Ibold for the ride, the lunch, the technical help at the pavilion before the presentation, providing the catchy title for the presentation, the pleasant and entertaining company (I hope I don’t end up in your novel! :hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise:) and for not making me take the bus home.

Thank you to Chip for the words of encouragement and support.

Thank you to Arnold (my neighbor at OSH who has now posted here a few times) for helping me with my tarp and riding the bike to the store for wine. Arnold, I couldn’t have asked for a nicer and more fun, interesting, and exuberant neighbor.

Thank you to Gil for inviting me to the Cessna dinner (good food and good company) and for offering to help take care of that one thing.

Thank you to Tim for the phone list. Who knew that you had such a great smile! It needs to go in your avatar. :yes:

Thanks to everyone who stopped by our campsite to visit us…that is one of my favorite things about OSH…visiting with great people.

Thank you to ALL of you who went to the time and trouble to come to my presentation. It really meant a LOT to me that you came. And thank you to those of you who called when you couldn’t come. You guys rock! :yes:

Been thinking about this as I was writing a few thank-you notes and thought it would be a good idea to thank a lot of you here.

Thank you to Jay Honeck for taking good care of me and my airplane in Iowa and for not getting upset about my taking up so much of your time when you were already very, very busy and for not getting upset when my airplane dumped fuel in your hangar. You are a kind and very patient man. :yes:

You're very welcome -- it was our pleasure! My only regret is that we were so danged busy getting ready for the fly-in pool party that I couldn't take more time to get to you know you better. Next time you're in Iowa, perhaps Mary and I can catch dinner with you?

Blue skies...

And Diana, thank you for the CD of your PowerPoint. It arrived the other day, but I'm holding off looking at it until I get the recording of the forum, so I can do them simultaneously.

And Diana, thank you for the CD of your PowerPoint. It arrived the other day, but I'm holding off looking at it until I get the recording of the forum, so I can do them simultaneously.
OH, it came already...that was fast. :yes: I need to order the audio CD tomorrow.

Something about "Diana does grass" hehehehe :rofl:
I figured that would come up sooner or later. :p

Sorry I missed you presentation Diana, :( but I bailed on the whole Oshkosh thing about noon. I guess I still owe you wine huh ?

Dave
Sorry you missed it too. But, when it's time to head out, it's time to head out.

Yes, you still owe me wine! :D

I have that picture that I took of you with my iPhone, but it didn't come out very well. I'll post it if you want.

My apologies that I had to bail so soon. Two days was way too short to enjoy the good company and enjoy the excitement of Airventure 2008. Diana, I would like to see the presentation too, and volunteer as your wing-man next time you are in PA.
As our club president often says; "Fly Often, Fly Safe !"

My apologies that I had to bail so soon. Two days was way too short to enjoy the good company and enjoy the excitement of Airventure 2008. Diana, I would like to see the presentation too, and volunteer as your wing-man next time you are in PA.
As our club president often says; "Fly Often, Fly Safe !"

Welcome Arnold! Another one from PA! Where do you fly out of? I often visit Regal feild as it's the closest to my boyfriend who lives on the harrisburg side of the harrisburg-hershey line.

D. You did great in the presentation. Thanks for having the courage to give it!

Missa

Thank you, Diana, for including me in your presentation from a distance. I really enjoyed all of our talks about it and watching you produce something really neat. That was the best part. That and knowing that having this experience behind you will make your upcoming book tour much easier. :)

Thank you, too, for the wonderful care package that just this minute arrived on my doorstep! Stall/Spin Awareness looks great; thank you for thinking of my safety and thanks, too, to Rich Stowell for writing it. It's going to take some time to get through but it will be bedtime reading until I do. Survive the Spin will get viewed some time this week, as time allows. I'm looking forward to it immensely. :yes:

You know I'm going to view the final version of the presentation first, though. :D I can't wait to see it! And I promise that the pesky mosquitos here in the house are now in mortal danger. The Flyshooter is gonna be great. They all seem to be in hiding at this moment but their hours are numbered! :D

It was incredibly kind of you to think of me, a mere lowly student, while you were starring at OSH. I owe you big time. Thanks! :cheerswine:

Thank you, Diana, for including me in your presentation from a distance. I really enjoyed all of our talks about it and watching you produce something really neat. That was the best part. That and knowing that having this experience behind you will make your upcoming book tour much easier. :)

Thank you, too, for the wonderful care package that just this minute arrived on my doorstep! Stall/Spin Awareness looks great; thank you for thinking of my safety and thanks, too, to Rich Stowell for writing it. It's going to take some time to get through but it will be bedtime reading until I do. Survive the Spin will get viewed some time this week, as time allows. I'm looking forward to it immensely. :yes:

You know I'm going to view the final version of the presentation first, though. :D I can't wait to see it! And I promise that the pesky mosquitos here in the house are now in mortal danger. The Flyshooter is gonna be great. They all seem to be in hiding at this moment but their hours are numbered! :D

It was incredibly kind of you to think of me, a mere lowly student, while you were starring at OSH. I owe you big time. Thanks! :cheerswine:
Hello Missa, I do believe we met at the Williamsport Fly-In a few weeks ago. You also joined us on the AM tour of the tower. Reigle (N58) is a mile south-east of my house, and the traffic departing RW31 flies right over.

Hello Missa, I do believe we met at the Williamsport Fly-In a few weeks ago. You also joined us on the AM tour of the tower. Reigle (N58) is a mile south-east of my house, and the traffic departing RW31 flies right over.

Ah ha! Were you the one looking for a mentor for a daughter?

And what a small world we live in that you just happened to park next to Diana. She stopped at the Jersy shore airport a few times while in and around PA... she tried to land at williamsport but tower wouldn't give her permission to land in the grass... :no:

Reigle is a nice feild but after getting lazy at Williamsport it's sure narrow! It looks like they paved the center 40 ft of a 120 ft grass strip...

Missa

Reigle is a nice feild but after getting lazy at Williamsport it's sure narrow! It looks like they paved the center 40 ft of a 120 ft grass strip...

LAZY GIRL! :D

I remember the first time Scott took me to Selinsgrove and it was too small for me the first time. Then he took me to his friend's paved strip which was even narrower, and I couldn't figure out how he could land the Navajo there.

Now, it's just "Egh, it's a runway, aim for it." :)

You're welcome Brian. :) I REALLY wanted to get you the perfect coffee mug (knowing how much you love your coffee :yes: ) at OSH and shopped for one for hours, but didn't find the perfect one. You'd think that wouldn't be such a hard item to find up there. :dunno: So, the Rich Stowell book was the second best choice for my analytical friend. Please don't tell Rich that he came in second to a coffee mug. :redface:

And I promise that the pesky mosquitos here in the house are now in mortal danger. The Flyshooter is gonna be great. They all seem to be in hiding at this moment but their hours are numbered! :D
:D Isn't that a fun little gadget? :D After reading your comment about trying to get a fly with a sweeper attachment I knew you had to have a Flyshooter. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Did you notice the comment on their site: "The FlyShooter is so much fun, you’ll open your windows and let flies in... just so you can whack-em!" You will have to let us know if it is REALLY that much fun. :rofl:

Brian, you're welcome. But you aren't a lowly student. You're a student with a few less hours than some of us students. :)

D. You did great in the presentation. Thanks for having the courage to give it!
Thanks, and thank you for coming. :cheerswine: I'm going to add a few more pictures later today of you and Ted and Tim.

Thanks, and thank you for coming. :cheerswine: I'm going to add a few more pictures later today of you and Ted and Tim.

So where are these pictures? I want to see them! :D

Oh, Diana. We were just really proud of you - and that you are our friend.....

You're a good girl! :cheerswine:

Oh, Diana. We were just really proud of you - and that you are our friend.....

You're a good girl! :cheerswine:
Awww. :redface: Thank you Kim. And thank you for bringing the row of purple board supporters. :yes:

Tom got a picture of you as you were getting up to take pictures. It's blurry and not unflattering. :D

Sorry I called it Phil's airplane during the presentation. My brain had turned to mush and I was going 90% off of the slides and his head seemed so big on that wall and that's the name that came out. :redface:

BTW, I'm glad you're going on a solo adventure soon. :yes:

Back