Oshkosh flyers overhead...

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
Had a DC3 fly over my house around noon and stopped at KLAF, they gave someone I know a ride. N17334.

Went to pay my bill for my annual and Jason Shappert was in the FBO getting some fuel on his way up.

Anyone POAer going to OSH that wants to stop at KLAF between now and Sun morning, give me a shout, would love to meet, maybe buy you a meal, or if you get stuck, we have a spare bed. KLAF is 70nm south from the “right turn” you’ll make if you come from the east or southeast not wanting to fly across Lake Michigan.

That’s awesome! Did you get to chat with Jason at all?

I was at the counter paying my bill and I heard a familiar voice. Looked up and it was him. Told him his videos were great. I introduced myself, mentioned I watched his videos when I was a student. He thanked me. He was a very approachable fellow, didn’t try to avoid me, actually came towards me to shake my hand.

Also heard a couple of WWII bombers were planning to use KLAF as a pit stop...I just need to hang out at the airport for the next few days and watch the action.

Had a BEAUTIFUL Cessna 195 pull out of one of our T hangars that I never knew was based here until today. Heading up to OSH. I heard it was originally from Alaska. N195AK if I remember..,

Had a DC3 fly over my house around noon and stopped at KLAF, they gave someone I know a ride. N17334.

Went to pay my bill for my annual and Jason Shappert was in the FBO getting some fuel on his way up.

Anyone POAer going to OSH that wants to stop at KLAF between now and Sun morning, give me a shout, would love to meet, maybe buy you a meal, or if you get stuck, we have a spare bed. KLAF is 70nm south from the “right turn” you’ll make if you come from the east or southeast not wanting to fly across Lake Michigan.

Airplane noise overhead all morning, including a couple of warbirds migrating north. Lots of foreflight folks use the airport I live near, 7L8 Post-Air, as a waypoint to avoid the IND airspace.

I’d sit in the backyard with a radio, and binocs tomorrow, to watch the traffic go by, but my Vacation started an hour ago, and the call of nature says I must start the yearly migration north as well.

I’d stop there but the gas is too expensive. I’m making my fuel stop somewhere cheap

Back