Oshkosh '08 (or, begging for a ride <g>)

sba55

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
sba55
Hi All,

With Oshkosh around the corner, I'm beginning to realize that I won't be able to stay away. Unfortunately, I don't have more than a few days this year, and I don't want to spend two of those days flying myself to Oshkosh, so I'm thinking about flying commercial to MI/IL/any state closer than CA.

Is there anyone I could tag along with? I've flown in and out of Oshkosh two times now, so if you're looking for a second pilot, I'd be glad to volunteer :D

-Felix

Hi All,

With Oshkosh around the corner, I'm beginning to realize that I won't be able to stay away. Unfortunately, I don't have more than a few days this year, and I don't want to spend two of those days flying myself to Oshkosh, so I'm thinking about flying commercial to MI/IL/any state closer than CA.

Is there anyone I could tag along with? I've flown in and out of Oshkosh two times now, so if you're looking for a second pilot, I'd be glad to volunteer :D

-Felix
See your PM.

Hi All,

-Felix

If you can get to Dubuque, I might be able to help.

Greg,

I can get to Dubuque.

Thanks y'all, it sounds like we'll be able to work something out :yes:

If you can get to MSN I could help you out as well Felix.

Pete

I was planning at least Friday, Saturday and maybe Thursday right now. Then again I am only 90 minutes away.

Pete, that might work out well for me since I don't have that much time.....are you flying into Osh or landing somewhere else? Sounds like we'll figure something out! Awesome!

I've never flown in. I usually Drive up, plus my folks live in Fond du Lac. I'd really love to fly in and camp though.

Felix,

I'm shuttling quite a few folks in and out this year. Let me know if you want a lift from MSN or wherever. (I'll actually be flying back from CAD myself.) The one place I don't want to go is MKE - See airnav comments for more on that.

Kent -

Cool, thanks for the offer. I didn't expect this many responses...now I'll have to figure out how to best get in and out of Osh. Thanks!

-Felix

Kent -

Cool, thanks for the offer. I didn't expect this many responses...now I'll have to figure out how to best get in and out of Osh. Thanks!

-Felix
Is this an example of "be careful what you wish for?":goofy:

I'm signed up for B2Osh this year. I'm only planning on staying in Oshkosh for a couple days though but if you're interested, I'd love to have you along. I'm planning to be leaving the Mpls area headed for RFD after work Friday but could leave as late as 7am on Saturday. It's about 1.5 hrs to RFD from my home base. We could meet up in Mpls or Rockford on the way out but I won't be returning to RFD.

-lance

I'm signed up for B2Osh this year. I'm only planning on staying in Oshkosh for a couple days though but if you're interested, I'd love to have you along. I'm planning to be leaving the Mpls area headed for RFD after work Friday but could leave as late as 7am on Saturday. It's about 1.5 hrs to RFD from my home base. We could meet up in Mpls or Rockford on the way out but I won't be returning to RFD.
That sounds like fun. I'd love a ride in your Baron, and I've always wanted to do B2Osh, but never had time for the training.

Is this an example of "be careful what you wish for?":goofy:
Honestly, I'm mostly just amazed that there's so many people who'd offer a ride to Osh. This is a great group!

-Felix

I'm sure I'm gone longer than you want to go Felix, but I might have an extra seat. Looks like I'll have one for sure on the B2OSH arrival, although its the back seat.

Lance and/or Felix. See you guys in RFD...

Felix, if you can get to MS....well...you'd only need to find a ride from MS...... :rofl:

Heh, no keys required, just a secret Romanian handshake.

I'm pretty sure it will already be parked on the line...:p

Your IAR doesn't use ignition keys, does it? Mind if I take her up to Oshkosh?

Thanks!

-Felix

Back