Osh

ladyaviator

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Linda
Just checked the weather for OSh. 10 day forcast is Sunny, partly sunny.

Keep your fingers crossed. :yes:

Linda :goofy:

Just checked the weather for OSh. 10 day forcast is Sunny, partly sunny.

Keep your fingers crossed. :yes:
Dangit, I was planning to fly up there today. Weather's poop between here and there. Maybe tomorrow. :dunno:

its supposed to clear off here tonight diana. im flying with a student at sunrise (5:48) tomorrow morning :eek: and its supposed to be beautiful. give me a call if you get in this area. closest airport if you want to meet would be Marion (C17). otherwise, have a great trip!

and I heard that the forecast highs for next week at OSH are only in the 80's! lets hope so.

its supposed to clear off here tonight diana. im flying with a student at sunrise (5:48) tomorrow morning :eek: and its supposed to be beautiful. give me a call if you get in this area. closest airport if you want to meet would be Marion (C17).
Well, I think I'll make a run for it and get as far as I can go this afternoon, otherwise, I might not make it out of southern MO tomorrow. I'll give you a call if I make it to Iowa today.

It's going to be tricky getting out of Texas, but it looks like if I can make the Red River I'm home free.

sounds good Diana, blue skies in Cedar Rapids now..

I'm shopping for the wihte board this weekend
I
ve got a 14" x 11x in my hand that I can bring, if it'll be big enough. Need a way to stake it down, but we can probably come up with something!

I
ve got a 14" x 11x in my hand that I can bring, if it'll be big enough. Need a way to stake it down, but we can probably come up with something!

I'll bring two "highway sign" stakes and some cable ties.

Grant

sounds good. Drop it off at Diana's place when you get there and sign in. The thought was people could sign in post a phone # & or camp site.

Party is at Diana's ;)

Okay. I've also got a big whiteboard (3' x 4'?) that Leslie's volunteered.

Party is at Diana's ;)
:D OK! Bring chairs and a bottle of Merlot! :cheerswine:

I'm at the FBO at Kirksville, MO getting ready to head on up to OSH. Had to weave through storms on the way up here. Looks like a great forecast for OSH for the next several days! :goofy: See y'all up there! :yes:

:D OK! Bring chairs and a bottle of Merlot! :cheerswine:

I'm at the FBO at Kirksville, MO getting ready to head on up to OSH. Had to weave through storms on the way up here. Looks like a great forecast for OSH for the next several days! :goofy: See y'all up there! :yes:

Chair - Check
Bottle of Red wine - Check (not merlot... but a nice local red)

Now all I need to do is go looking for Diana in the North 40. :goofy:

Missa

Last edited:
I wanna go...:( .......

........stinkin' job......grrrrrrrrrr.......:mad:

We put the BIG whiteboard in front of Diana's plane with a place to signup when you'd be available. I didn't want to actually put phone numbers out there. I will be unavailable Tue, Fri and Sat evenings, and probably leaving Sunday afternoon.

Diana, Felix & Mike, Steve & Mary and I all got together for dinner tonight at Robbins, and had a great time, with great food and company, even though there were six people in a truck with only five seats. Mary and Felix took turns riding in the cargo area! Just to prolong the agony, I managed to get lost going to the restaurant!

We put the BIG whiteboard in front of Diana's plane with a place to signup when you'd be available. I didn't want to actually put phone numbers out there.
Dquote]

Glad ya'll had fun. I'm trying to get in today. :dunno: As for phone #s heck it's only a cell phone and ya can always hang up. If it weren't for wrong numbers, I probably wouldn't get many calls at all. :(

Dave :blueplane:

Well, a BUNCH of us met for lunch today, and many of us got together under Diana's wing during and after the airshow. It's a good thing she has a high-wing, because it DID start to rain this afternoon, so we had ready shelter. I've attached photos of the lunch, kids dealing with the rain, Diana modeling what Dave calls our "Hillbilly Stemware" in a very flattering pose, my aviation-themed wine-glass rack, Diana ensuring that no unflattering picture is ever taken of her (as if there could be such a thing!), and portions of the Beach Boys concert.

Edit: Please ignore any unflattering pictures of Diana. (She claims there are some, but I can't find them. To be honest, I've literally been unable to bring up the Manage Attachments window on this computer that I'm borrowing, so I've been unable to delete any. When I have internet connectivity with my computer, I'll delete some.)

Edit2: I'm back home now, and able to edit attachments. I've deleted the one that Diana purports to be unflattering. I was tempted to just edit it and write nice things about her on the bottom so that it's indisputable that it's flattering!

Attachments

• IMG_0503 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0503 (Large).JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0506 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0506 (Large).JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0514 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0514 (Large).JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0517 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0517 (Large).JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0520 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0520 (Large).JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0458 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0458 (Large).JPG
    109 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0464 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0464 (Large).JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0488 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0488 (Large).JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0500 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0500 (Large).JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
NPS Returns To Major Aviation Gathering
shim.gif

By Larry Helmerick
July 26, 2007

shim.gif
GRCA%20%2D%202007%2D07%2D26%20%2D%20Oshkosh%202007%2EJPG

Bob Petersen, ranger at Dayton Aviation Heritage, talks to young visitors on the first day of AirVenture 2007. In the background is the first NPS aircraft, a 1928 Fairchild FC-2W2 that is one of the airplanes featured in and around the building. Photo by Larry Helmerick.
shim.gif
shim.gif

This week, the National Park Service returned to AirVenture for the twelfth year as one of the senior members of the International Federal Partnership (IFP). The NPS is one of 17 federal agencies from three countries that brought eleven aircraft and a multitude of exhibits to one of the largest aviation gatherings in the world. Over three quarters of a million visitors from 70 countries are expected through the gates by the end of the seven-day event.
NPS exhibits and displays in the 21,000-square-foot hanger at AirVenture this year include the Service’s first aircraft, a 1928 Fairchild FC-2W2 with original NPS markings. The private owner of the Fairchild has donated it to NPS for the fourth straight year. NPS employees are focusing on our aviation heritage, NPS air operations, overflights of national parks and TFRs (temporary flight restrictions) in areas where wildland fires are happening.
Also featured is park historian Darrell Collins from Wright Brothers NM in Kitty Hawk. Darrell has been a featured presenter for 16 years at the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) gathering. NPS rangers and volunteers are staffing a total six different venues of our nation’s aviation heritage sites as well as presenting forums and answering questions from thousands of visitors.
The NPS now operates a broad range of helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft, flying around 20,000 hours annually in support of all the National Park sites.

Back