OS/2 Warp!

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
...does anyone have a copy of OS/2 Warp? I am not sure which version. I have a customer whose hard drive tanked on a machine. It ran on OS/2 Warp.

Anyone have a copy not being used?

Bueller?
Bueller?

I'll have to check in the garage.

I had a copy of OS/2 at one time.

No promises.

Ugh.. I have it somewhere Ed.. I almost want to say it's in my garage at my parent's house...But I ..don't go there much....So I doubt I can be of much help.

N2212R said:
...does anyone have a copy of OS/2 Warp? I am not sure which version. I have a customer whose hard drive tanked on a machine. It ran on OS/2 Warp.

Anyone have a copy not being used?

Bueller?
Bueller?

It's probably a good time to upgrade to Windows 95 then! :rofl:

wsuffa said:
I'll have to check in the garage.

I had a copy of OS/2 at one time.

No promises.

Same here. I used to have a copy, I'll have to check the garage.

I thought I was on to something as I dug thru the old boxes of disks here ...
NT 4.0, Win 95, NT 3.5.1, SCO Unix 3.2, OS/2 ... oops, just an OS/2 boot disk ... sorry

I'll look when I get home tonight. I've got a bunch of old software, and might still have OS2 hiding in there. I'll let you know Monday.

Dijda try Googling for ti? I would bet if you look at enough pages you'll find a copy.

As I remember toward the last year or two, as they were fighting the treason that was Microsoft Windows 3.1, IBM was giving OS2 Warp away at trade shows.

Last edited:
LeonardMack said:
Is that on 8" Floppies?! :)

2.1 is way before Warp.

They are on 5 1/4 disks. I do have some 8" floppies in the basement. I think they have CP/M on them.

AirBaker said:
How about NeXT? What ever happened to that?

You must not know much about NeXT. ;)

NeXT was started by Steve Jobs after he got fired from Apple around 1985. In 1997, Apple bought NeXT from Jobs for $400 million and it became the basis for Mac OS X.

In fact, if you write software for Mac OS X, all of the system functions you call start with "NS" which stands for NextStep, the NeXT OS. :yes:

Brian Austin said:
Not yet. I'll truly be impressed when I find someone here running this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiga

I miss my old one but didn't know enough to really get into its potential.

Now I know why you hate us Mac users... You Amiga folks were WAY more rabid!

FWIW, my uncle was an Amiga guy, and had my grandmother using one until... Well, I can't remember exactly when but it was long after Commodore went out of business. They really were good machines, especially for video.

flyingcheesehead said:
You must not know much about NeXT. ;)

NeXT was started by Steve Jobs after he got fired from Apple around 1985. In 1997, Apple bought NeXT from Jobs for $400 million and it became the basis for Mac OS X.

In fact, if you write software for Mac OS X, all of the system functions you call start with "NS" which stands for NextStep, the NeXT OS. :yes:

I thought that was where it went... :)

I have it on my OLD computer. If you can't get a copy anywhere else, AND Ican hook up a CD hard drive to the danged thing, I'll try and copy it. If not, and you ask nice enough, I will get ahold of my ex, who's bro works for IBM, he keeps every bit of hardware and software he gets his paws on, and he's been with IBM since rocks were molten.

I think my customer resolved his issue. Sorry for not getting back on this. But really, some of us probably needed to dig through some boxes just to go "Oh, wow, totally forgot I had that."

Back