Oregon Trail Flight

flybill7

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bill
In June, I accomplished something I had wanted to do for many years: fly the Oregon Trail in a light airplane. I had to fly coast-to-coast and back to do it. I spent entirely too much time writing up the trip in a web log, but here it is.

www.pilotbill.com

Enjoy!

... Bill

Last edited:
What a fantastic read!

I live right here and had never thought of that. I'll have to start planning!

Thanks for sharing it with us.

flybill7 said:
In June, I accomplished something I had wanted to do for many years: fly the Oregon Trail in a light airplane. I had to fly coast-to-coast and back to do it. I spent entirely too much time writing up the trip in a web log, but here it is.

Bill,

Awesome! :yes: :goofy: :rollercoaster:

I've only read the first page so far, but that sounds like a dream flight.

I've been to SBF, but it was in the truck, delivering industrial fans for their new terminal building. (Miami International too.) Wanted to fly, but the winds were pretty high and their CFI wouldn't go. (I'd done worse winds in a 172, but oh well. :dunno:)

So did you land at the Greater Green River Intergalactic Spaceport? :D

Wish I could have landed at Tillamook and seen the museum rather than just overflying. That looks like a peaceful place to live too.

Bill,
Neat flight.
Gurnsey is a neat place. Besides being cheap, we got a great meal there, nice room, free car and drove out to the trail and walked a bit.

Love the avatar!

what a FUN FUN thing to do! I've only read the first page so far but what an adventure.

flybill7 said:
Wow! Bill, this is GREAT! I'm only part way through your journey (been on dial-up the past few days) and am really enjoying your photos and your write-up. I loved your "self-portrait" too. :)

You know, you have probably inspired a lot of people to make this trip now. :yes:

Thanks again for taking me flying at Gaston's.

Back