Oral Glucose Tolerance Test

S

Sugar

I am up for one soon, the doc is looking into another problem and wants to rule Glucose Intolerance out as a cause.
So. I happen to have access to blood testing and such and did one myself at home, in advance of the real thing. No point in asking a question you don't already have the answer to, right?

However, I am not completely understanding my results and seek input into the test technique. Ie, did I do it wrong somehow. I really thought my BG would go higher even for a non-prediabetic (is it ok to say 'normal' person?)

All tests done by OneTouch capillary sampling, Except the 2 hour one as noted:
Resting for the 2 hours, no activity.
Time 0:00 BG 95 (12 hr fasting). Ingested 150ml of 50% IV dextrose (75gm glucose)
Time 0:30 BG 176
Time 0:60 BG 102
Time 0:90 BG 113
Time 0:120 BG 107 Confirmed via arm venipuncture on same device: 110

My readings suggest my BG should have at least stayed above 150 @ 60mins so I am thinking I did the test wrong.

I realize there are different protocols out there, this one seemed to be widely disseminated by recognized institutions. How about the use of IV 50% Dextrose orally? That has to be the correct molecule; it's pure d-glucose.

Yes, I will be seeing the doc for their test in a few weeks. I also have a close relationship and will tell her about my results too.

One of the Main blood glucose numbers the FAA goes by is the hemoglobin A1C.

What is your most recent A1c?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back