Opportunity to Visit SoCal Approach

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
PoA members located in Southern California might be interested in this opportunity. I received this from a PilotSafety.org mailing list.

Go inside SoCal Approach the busiest "Super Tracon" in the world!
We have multiple spots available for the SOCAL TRACON tour on Friday July 8, The tour starts at 1130 to get everyone through security and then goes till around 2 pm depending on questions. Anyone interested in attending will need to submit their full name, are they a US Citizen, DL number and the make/model/color/plate number of the vehicle they are going to drive. We have about 15 slots available and will take the names on a first come, first serve basis. As a reminder to your folks we are located in San Diego and our address is 9175 Kearny Villa Rd, San Diego, 92126.

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

Respectfully,

Robert Reddeg
SCT NATCA Local Safety Council Lead
SCT NATCA ART 48 Procedures Lead
SCT NATCA Coast Area Rep
rob.reddeg@natca.net
858-722-2817
Email Rob to Register​

Went back in 99. Like ATL, the place looks more like a center than a TRACON. Worth the trip.

Huh...just a few minutes from MYF...I may have to fly down for that since I fly all over SoCal quite a bit.

Last edited:
It's literally outside the east gate of Miramar. I used to work at Miramar and you'd never guess the TRACOn was there. Pretty small brown bldg looks like a doctors bldg or something.

Neat place to see how much traffic they have. The scopes look like a large crossword puzzle with so much data/traffic.

If anyone is on the fence about this, I'd suggest signing up ASAP. The local Center opened had a tour a few months ago, and the spaces filled immediately. It was extremely informative. I wish Approach here would do tours, but I'm told that's unlikely.

Ugh I'd be all over this. My co-manager is out of the office and there's no way I could step away from work that day. Maybe next time...

I am confirmed and will be there Friday...anyone else from POA going?

Looking forward to it.

I am confirmed and will be there Friday...anyone else from POA going?

Looking forward to it.

I just fired off an e-mail to see if any slots were still open. If so, I'll be there!

If you go, see if these heroes are still around...

Back