ooh... maybe tomorrow...

etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
Got my 3rd class medical last wednesday and called the flight school to arrange to start lessons yesterday. Left a message, and went to visit family for Thanksgiving.

We've had a drought for the last few months, but it's been beautiful flying weather!

Until now, of course. Ceilings, oh, 'bout 800 feet with mist and rain. Winds? Lots of winds! Lessons? Nary a one (and I'm just fine with that!!
eek.gif
)

We need the rain. I keep saying that. We need the rain... we need the rain...

of course... TOMORROW looks NICE!!! Woo-hoo! gonna go flying!!

:D

Tom

Tom;

Good luck and Have fun flying. The wx look nice for a few days, cool but dry.

I hope you get to fly

John

Wow Tom! Didn't know you weren't a pilot or student yet. Well enjoy the lessons. Its a great gift to give yourself. A whole new world lies ahead of you.

Tom , enjoy yourself tomarrow,First lesson remember to "fly the plane" this something my instructor really impressed on me. You'll LOVE it and have lots of fun learning. there will be times it's boring just trudge through it and it gets better. GOOD LUCK and FLY SAFE. Dave G

Tom where are you flying at and who are you taking lessons with? Im looking for an instr. and an airport for that matter.

HPNFlyGirl said:
Tom where are you flying at and who are you taking lessons with? Im looking for an instr. and an airport for that matter.

You often find the former at the latter. IOW look for the airport first:D.

well i found my IR instructor,then either he comes to me or i go to him, but then thats how Ed G. works. but you know that brook.
Dave G.

Yeah I know Dave. You are one of the fortunate ones. Looks like I will have to move back north to get my PPL. Hah hah hah.

HPNFlyGirl said:
Sorry it took so long for me to get back here - just really busy!

I'm flying out of Lake Ridge air field (3300', grass strip), on the north edge of Durham, at I-85 and Falls Lake. I'm studying with Empire Aviation, and Brant Howell is my CFI. I first went up in their 152, but I'm 6'1", 215 and Brant is about 6'3", 240, and we were shoulder to shoulder - we OVERLAPPED! :hairraise: So it's gonna be the 172 for moi, I do believe!

Was going to fly today, but with winds at 20G25, I figured we could do some of the ground stuff - weather briefing, complete walk-around on the 172, etc. Had fun!

Tom

Good choice Tom,with only 2.6 i wouldn't have flown either. Now Enjoy.
Dave G

Shipoke said:
Good choice Tom,with only 2.6 i wouldn't have flown either. Now Enjoy.
Dave G
Did some t&g's - I did my first "big boy all by myself" take offs and landings :D, on both the grass strip and a paved strip (about thirty miles away - ish). Landing for the first time on 14 (only used 32 before) - interesting, as 14 is uphill - that really changes the sight picture!

Felt great at the end of the lesson - yeah, I can see myself doing this by myself!! (I sure couldn't at the beginning of the lesson! :hairraise: )

Oh, and I REALLY like the 172!!!

I did my PPL in a 172, and really liked it. 'Course, we're flying SP's here, so that was nice. Now my wife's doing her indtrument training in a 182. At least it has the capacity that I can legally sit in back with full tanks! Unfortunately, it is, of course, more $$$.

cherokeeflyboy said:
Time to try Cox Field now!!!
I'm a member of EAA 1114 out of Cox Field. I've been up in a Stearman out of Cox once - hard to remember what the field experience was like, as the Stearman was so doggone neat that I didn't hardly pay attention to anything else!! :D

Had another great lesson today - though it took me a little bit to get the hang of it today. I expect that there will be a lot of variability in my performance with this.

BUT I was able to get the knack of taxiing (um, well for today, at least!). It was pretty much a hoot to watch me wobbling back and forth across the taxiway... lord, lord, lord... In the end I was able to keep it on the line. Or at least where I thought the line was, anyway. :dunno:

Did S-turns over the interstate. All those people in cars, without a clue as to the extreme danger they were in!! Pity the innocents! :D The trip back to our airstrip went really great, though - had, for a few minutes, the rhythm of it! So, the next time that happens (oh, 3 - 4 years from now) I'll know what it feels like!!

Got to do some x-wind landings and takeoffs. Not as many as I would like, but still it's a start! Ballooned a bit on my last landing, but that's ok, too - good to know what it feels and looks like and what to do about it. I'm likely to have to learn THAT part of it again, though. Some folks have a mind like a steel trap - I have a mind like a steel sieve.

I'm still having lots of fun and am goin' again tomorrow, weather allowing.

Woo-hoo!! :)

etsisk said:
Did S-turns over the interstate. All those people in cars, without a clue as to the extreme danger they were in!! Pity the innocents!

Downwind to 20 runs parallel to and almost over the interstate. I used to think "Look at all those poor saps down there driving cars while I'm up here flying an airplane." It felt great.

I'm still having lots of fun and am goin' again tomorrow, weather allowing.

Woo-hoo!! :)

Glad you're having fun, keep chugging!

Back