Online Flying Club Reservation Systems

GregInMI

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
GregInMI
I'm looking for recommendations regarding an online reservation system for a very small flying club (5 pilots and 1 plane). Phone access would be nice, but not required.

Thanks,
Greg

Schedulebook - www.schedulebook.com

If you end up going with them, let me know so I'll qualify for the $25 bonus!

But seriously - we use it for about 15 aircraft, a dozen CFI's, and a few hundred members. Members can go online and schedule (with our setup) two resources - a plane, and instructor, or both. It allows limits (only 5 open reservations at a time in our setup) and allows other users to set up appointments for you if allowed. It can also be used to automatically send an e-mail when a resource becomes unavailable (like a plane with a problem) or just for notices.

We have a PC on the Internet in the club on the table outside the office where members fill out their invoices - so that they can make new reservations themselves (or get weather, etc).

It's designed primarily for airplane reservations, but will work well for any user/resource combination (meeting rooms, conference rooms, etc).

We (RFC Dallas) changed over to Schedulemaster earlier this year, and it has gone very well. Best-liked new feature: ability to make a "back-up" reservation for a time period with an existing conflict- if the conflicting primary reservation cancels, then the backup becomes primary and notifies you by email (or pager or whatever).

Also, in cludes toll-free telephone access, which we all thought vital.

I don't know what it costs, but it must be a good deal, because we are cheap.

see: www.schedulemaster.com

Ciao.

Yahoo Groups has a calendar feature. That should be enough for a small group with one plane, and it's free. Just set up your own private group, that's what my 2 partners and I use. In addition, you also get a place to use as a private message board, can upload files/photos, and can set up a simple database. Accessible from anywhere.

Jeff

My uncle and I use Yahoo's Calendar also. It's not perfect but it's free and works ok for a small group. It also has a notepad where you can list squawks. Worth looking at :cheerswine:

http://www.myfbo.com/myfbo/

Our club uses it for about 17 aircraft spread over 3 airports. Schedule planes and instructors, check maintentance issuses, enter squawks. We used to use Schedulemaster. I think this system offers a lot mor flexibility although I'm not wild about the interface.

Back