One Six Right on Discovery HD tonight 8:30pm CST

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
If you don't have the DVD, tune into this documentary. I agree with Teller - one of the best....:yes:

Has anyone carefully watched the credits at the end of the movie? I just happen to catch it before I popped in a training video.

Toward the very end of the credits, after you see the logos for "Panavision" and such is the following line...

No aircraft were hurt in the making of this film.

Gotta love it! :D

Has anyone carefully watched the credits at the end of the movie? I just happen to catch it before I popped in a training video.

Toward the very end of the credits, after you see the logos for "Panavision" and such is the following line...

I loved that. I laughed out loud the first time I saw that.

And credit for financing is given to "Bank of Mom and Dad." I can relate, from both sides of the equation. :yes:

I never noticed either of these - I'll need to rewatch it.

I sent a copy of One Six Right to my last instructor (who got me through my PPL) and my mentor, who is a Navy helicoptor pilot. I think both of them really appreciated the thought, and neither of them had seen the documentary.

It's a great movie. Basically, it is a bunch of pilots telling us (other pilots) how great aviation is. And nothing beats preaching to the choir! :)

In all seriousness, it's the type of thing that ought to be shown to legislators in particular - and I think that AOPA made a point of doing just that. I don't know if it made any difference or not, but I certainly hope that it did.

it's the type of thing that ought to be shown to legislators in particular - and I think that AOPA made a point of doing just that. I don't know if it made any difference or not, but I certainly hope that it did.
We circulated a copy to the mayor and the city council, with an open invitation to come on down and spend some time at the airport. It was very well received.

Back