One of today's flights...

RyanShort1

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
RyanShort1
Ground%2BReference%2BManeuvers.jpg

So this was a GPS log of a flight today doing Ground Reference Maneuvers.

Oh, and there were some interesting sites along the way, too.

332049_211847588868367_144125688973891_531283_2582590_o.jpg

Ryan

Last edited:
I think I need my Vernors and my ginger candy to try and follow that.

2nd picture, LIFT! To a soaring pilot.
Views like that saved my cross country more than once!

I was pretty happy with my student's rectangular course once he figured out what he was trying to do, and his turns around a point weren't that bad, either. The S-turns along the N-S road weren't great, but he's making quick progress. We had about a 10 KT wind from 060 on this flight.
I have a new phone that will save GPS logs, and am experimenting with the best format so that I can quickly export and use the data for the debriefing.

Ryan

Ryan, that's pretty cool. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to do that and can use it for my students as well. As it is, we just do things the "old fashioned" way.

Ryan, that's pretty cool. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to do that and can use it for my students as well. As it is, we just do things the "old fashioned" way.
Well, you know I'm a bit "old fashioned" myself, flying Cubs and all, but I enjoy finding ways to use available technology to help. This was logged on an Android phone with a program called GPS Essentials. I exported the KMZ file to Google Earth.

Ryan

Back