One more Ken, come on you can do it

ahhh you're one of those people that like to watch the odometer in the car too?

At least I don't go out and look at the electric meter everyday!

It's kind of hard to ignore the odometer when I sit in front of it for 300 miles over the course of 10-12 hours a day. :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

I am almost at 160,000. Can't wait. I look forward to hitting 200,000. I have never done that in a car I owned.
I had about 190,000 on a Volvo 240 wagon. I was waiting for 203,966 miles and if I pushed the trip odometer reset at the right time, it would have read:

203-966-569.8

which was my phone number at the time. Cool! *snap* with the digital camera.

Then my daughter totalled the car. :( Nothing busted but metal and plastic, thank God.

Good thing I didn't live in Bryan, TX, area code 979... :hairraise: I'd never make it.

-Skip

Ken what are you driving with that mileage?
2004 VW Jetta TDI Diesel - About 40 mpg

If you go for one and economy is an issue, I recommend a 2003 or prior. They changed the engine drastically. I have awesome power but less mileage than I used to get on the 2000 I had.

With that, I also highly recommend Carmax for used cars. The 2000 I had previously went back a few times for warranty work under the 12 mo/12k warranty. I heard later they spent more than $5800 on a car I paid $14000 for.

The only reason I gave up the 2000 was it had been hit in front. No matter what anyone says, once a car has been hit hard enough in the front the suspension will never be the same. It was as bad as a 1998 Jetta diesel I had. That insurance company totaled it. Progressive isn't so smart. I dumped them for coverage at the next renewal.

I have a Mercedes and a Saab now, but am thinking about trading the Benz in for a VW...really like the new line up.
VW's are just about to the point of the only thing different between them and Audi is the price. Oh, and no history of runaway accelerators! I wonder why they never used the 5000 number again for models? :D

Back