One Extra Day in Austin, TX

same here! I sent my email...but haven't seen anything yet. Someone PM me if something gets set next week to meet up. Hopefully the location is central. :)

Hmmm, I'll check and see if I missed any emails, I'll send an update in a bit, but looking like we'll meet central. Not sure weather and timing will cooperate for flying. Wade

Looks like a plan is coming together. I'll post an update when things firm up.

I lived in austin for 8 years, but then moved to the northeast. now after two year I WANT BACK!!!! I miss austin and texas.

BTW, anyone eating Chuy's, Franklins' and drinking PBR has no clue what ATX is about and where to get great food. Hipster schmipster, who cares. Are we really judging people by their beards now? Come on.

My wife and I are foodie's and I assure you, we have never been to or lived in a town with such a high quality of fantastic food. San Antonio "riverwalk" tex-mex can suck a rotten jalapeño compared to places like Morelia's here. Riverwalk tourist food really?

When you little boys are ready for some real ATX food and beer, come talk to Daddy. Hell, I'll only take you all to some food trailers that put out some of the best stuff!

Shane
The Squawk Shoppe
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

polvos, el chilito, gueros, even taco deli are pretty decent mexican/tex mex places.

...and unfortunately we aren't going to see much, if any VFR flying this week until at least wed afternoon. :mad: So, looks like a get together is moving along but there ain't gonna be no flyin'...

Nope, no flying, but definitely drinking....

6:30pm, February 24th at Pourhouse Bar, http://pourhousepintsandpies.com/ on Jollyville Road.

I'll be picking up Greg downtown and then heading north, if anyone south wants a ride, let me know.

Wade

We could always just go sit in a plane and make engine noises.......

Or we could just make airplane noises while sitting at the Pourhouse.
I bet we would get a lot of looks. :lol:

Though it would be self-explanatory to the other patrons if all of use wore an aviation shirt. :)

Are we gonna sit outside on the patio tomorrow? :D

Or we could just make airplane noises while sitting at the Pourhouse.

I bet we would get a lot of looks. :lol:

Though it would be self-explanatory to the other patrons if all of use wore an aviation shirt. :)

Are we gonna sit outside on the patio tomorrow? :D

Nah, it's Austin, that's not quite weird enough.

Yes, 6:30ish. I'll call and see if we can get a reservation or at least talk to the hostess and give her a heads up that a pilots group is meeting there. I could tell her we are have an AA meeting at the bar. Aviation Anonymous.....

I'll have me cell, (512)740-1399. Call me if you can't find us.

9ad44d3a243c0caaf6e225123659e178.jpg

Look for this smiling mug.

Btw, I wasn't kidding ...

Look for this mug. :)

And no, I do not fly a GV. :)

Well, if you flew an RV we know you'd have the full flight suit, jacket, aviator sunglasses, and the swagger...

Well, if you flew an RV we know you'd have the full flight suit, jacket, aviator sunglasses, and the swagger...

I don't own an RV but fly one from time to time so no, I have not acquired a full suit yet.
Would one-sided swagger count? (old war injury causing a slight limp :D )

I have an appointment in the same neighborhood at 7:15pm, but I'll try and at least stop by and say hello.

Reservation for 6:30 at pour house under my name, Wade. I told them 8-10 of use even though I have no clue how many are actually coming.

Sorry I couldn't make the meetup y'all. I had to get some orders out the door. Hope you guys had a great time! I'll catch you on the next one.

Any of you in ATX PM me, and I'll give you my cell number for some future "beer-thirtys"

I could only stay for about five minutes, but it was fun to meet a great group of pilots. I hope we do it again sometime.

Thanks Wade.

Have you checked Cameron? They just built some new hangars.

Wow, I can't believe you outed an airport here. That's pretty ballsy and extremely inconsiderate. I fully expect that airport to whine about it for a year or two before it finally goes away.

:goofy:

Back