"One Design" Decathlon Acro Contest - Dallas, TX area

whifferdill

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
whifferdill
IAC 24 is sponsoring a very fun looking 'one design' contest where everyone flies this year's IAC Sportsman sequence in a Decathlon. Entry fee includes Decathlon rental. To further level the playing field performance-wise, everyone flies with a "safety pilot" regardless of experience. Looks like a great deal and lots of fun. Anyone who has basic acro experience (but maybe not their own airplane) and would like to give an IAC contest a first try, this is a great opportunity. This will be IAC sanctioned, so IAC membership required. Info below.

http://iac24.org/events/one-design-contest/

Last edited:
Are you coming down for this? This is occurring close to my home 'drome.

Might need to make plans to go there.

No, but I'd love to fly this if I was closer - even with my whole hour of stick time in a Decathlon.

Why do these Texas contests happen in July and August? It is SOOOOO DAMN HOT! I don't really fly at all in the summer because it just isn't any fun. Me and my son used to go watch the contests but don't do that anymore. It sucks standing on blacktop when its 105 degrees in Texas. Why not do this when its 75 outside? I heard the weather is better in summer? All I see is better fog in the morning and better thunderstorms in the afternoon. Why torture everyone?

I'd like to go. Haven't done any acro for +20 years. Just for the fun!

I think that is a great idea to promote interest in acro.

I was preparing to fly to Oshkosh when this happened but what a great idea and a heck of a deal. I've only got 1 hr in a Decathlon and all my aerobatics has been in Great Lakes but if this happens any where near me I'll be on it. I saw a Super D perform at Oshkosh and it surprised me at how good it did. Not a Pitts but darn good ...

Back