Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
Yours for the price of shipping.
One is signed.
At least one mouse.
Two keyboards.
One external disk drive.
Printer and stand, a small amount of perforated paper.
We have some diskettes, but the coating flakes off if you try to use them.
Cables only if I find them.

Attachments

• IMG_2387.JPG
    IMG_2387.JPG
    612.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2388.JPG
    IMG_2388.JPG
    447.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2389.JPG
    IMG_2389.JPG
    457.6 KB · Views: 33
The 1984 looks like either a 128K or a 512K.

Those old Macs are getting surprisingly valuable to collectors. You might do well selling them on eBay.

The 1984 was 128k upgraded to 512k. A hole has been cut on the side for a fan because the 512k ran hotter than the 128.

The first 100 (?) 1984 Macs were signed by the development team. The signatures are etched into the inside of the plastic box.

If they don't disappear with this thread, then I'll try EBay, but don't want to worry about warranties or anything. These were our working computers for many years. Now it is time to say goodbye.

Nevermind. Did some research and it will not do what I wanted it to do.

How about a Macquarium?

DC0012.jpg

How about a Macquarium?

DC0012.jpg

Yes! I still remember the original Macquarium article - "Invite over all your friends, and then plug in the power cord for an instant fish fry!" :D

I believe *all* of the 128K Macs have the development team signatures inside.

The mouse in the picture is for the SE, I see there are keyboards for both. Got a mouse for the 128?

It'd be fun to have them, if I had the room. I have a Mac Plus, a Mac IIfx, and an Apple ][+ that I need to get on eBay already...

AP, you have any idea what the shipping costs would be to WI?

I'm holding out for a Lisa.

Yes! I still remember the original Macquarium article - "Invite over all your friends, and then plug in the power cord for an instant fish fry!" :D

I believe *all* of the 128K Macs have the development team signatures inside.

The mouse in the picture is for the SE, I see there are keyboards for both. Got a mouse for the 128?

It'd be fun to have them, if I had the room. I have a Mac Plus, a Mac IIfx, and an Apple ][+ that I need to get on eBay already...

AP, you have any idea what the shipping costs would be to WI?
I guess you are right about all the skinny macs having the signatures. Probably don't have the mouse for it because I rejected the original mouse in favor of a trackball because the mouse was too wide for my hand. It has not turned up yet. I have no idea what it would cost to ship.

I'm holding out for a Lisa.
I had, quite literally, a garage full of them at one time. The local college was going to throw them in a dumpster. Fortunately one of their people called me; we're both hams, and he knew I ran a computer business at the time. One of my guys (another ham) and I made a couple of trips emptying that pile of Lisa hardware and software out.

After we divvied everything up, I ended up with a dozen or so Lisas and a couple of boxes of manuals, software and spare parts. Most had been converted to Mac OS, and most had some sort of switchable aspect ratio video mod. Many had 5 or 10 GB hard drives. Some were basket cases, some good for spares. A while later, when I was between jobs, selling those on eBay and shipping them fed my family for a couple of months. A lot of them ended up in Japan. There was a Japanese guy who would buy them and have me ship them to CA, where they were loaded into a container and shipped to Japan. Apparently collectors there were paying insane amounts for old computers -- this was back when Japan had money, around '98-'99.

I was going to keep one, but I've really got no place to keep it -- and I'm not a big Mac fan anyway. They were interesting bits of computing history, but in the end it was a way to keep a roof over our heads and shoes on the kids' feet for a while. My wife and I were both happy to see them go, for a variety of reasons.

I do wish I had my old PDP-11 back, though. Sure do miss that one.

I do wish I had my old PDP-11 back, though. Sure do miss that one.

I have a PDP 8/L and a PDP 11/34 in the hanger. You can have the 11 if you can get over to the west coast. The 8/L was my first love and isn't going anywhere...

I have a PDP 8/L and a PDP 11/34 in the hanger. You can have the 11 if you can get over to the west coast. The 8/L was my first love and isn't going anywhere...
I had an 11/05 at one time... I think it was an embedded controller flavor. Later I had an 11/34 in the garage, but had to get rid of it (space issues) ad donated it to a local electronics school. They were thrilled to get it... and promptly put it in a leaky warehouse where it got wet and rusted until they scrapped it five years later. Of course that was about a year before I asked if they still had it, because I had room for it again.

Sigh... All I want to do is run RT-11 or RSTS and play Adventure again. :) If I make it out your way with enough load left to haul the -11, I'll take you up on that. :)

Back