On the road...

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
Somebody needs to turn the AC on in Oklahoma.
a6898c5c-6fb4-6b1e.jpg

LOL... was thinking the same thing.

Oh. I know what happened. Some engineer couldn't spell "Temperature".

:rofl:

Last edited:
Hmm, I notice it says "outside". Is there an "inside" to your bike?

Sure there is. Its liquid cooled, "temperature" would be confused with coolant temp. Outside is very clear.

Ha... ok ok.

Of course, there's another smart ass comment coming from me...

Who needs to know the exact temperature outside when they're riding a bike?

But then I realized you'd just say, Who needs to know it when they're driving a car?

And the only good answer for both is when it's down around 32F and you're starting to watch for ice on the road... which can form quite a bit above and below that temp, since the ground temp may be wildly different...

Heh... toys. Gotta love 'em. I guess we gotta have our OAT gauges even in our transportation toys that never leave the ground! :)

If you were flying, you could be there by now. :D :D

Sure there is. Its liquid cooled, "temperature" would be confused with coolant temp. Outside is very clear.
OK, it just seemed humorous to me. So what does it say when it's displaying the "inside" temperature?

OK, it just seemed humorous to me. So what does it say when it's displaying the "inside" temperature?

It doesn't display the coolant temperature as degrees. It's displayed as bar(s) on the left hand side of the display.

70 miles to Texas, 506 miles completed so far today, a cool 99 degrees now that night fell...
a6898c5c-92bb-c1f7.jpg

Well... it looks to me like he is sitting still with the bike idling in neutral, Kim. :rolleyes:

That is most definately a combination of lights I would rather not see on the road. But yes FG I think you have it pegged.

Hmm, I notice it says "outside". Is there an "inside" to your bike?

Yes, "inside" is generally about 200 - 220 degrees coolant temperature. I really wish our bikes had that instead of a cheesey assed graph.

Still hot. Seems to me like the time to travel Texas is at night. Dallas was kind of cool to see on i35e at night. Another 227 miles to go...

a6898c5c-b693-f540.jpg

Temperature is finally tolerable. 100 miles remain.
a6898c5c-d897-4d77.jpg

I must be rally old school. Never needed a thermometer to tell me its hot out on a bike. I do like the digital engine temp gauge on the 954 tells me the fan works. The analog one on the wing broke in my last crash. If the fan breaks I may not know it until the thing catches fire.

It took me awhile but I finally realized that I have never driven or ridden on a liquid-cooled bike so there was never any need for an "inside" temperature gauge. Actually I've never seen one with an "outside" temperature gauge either.

David and I landed in Lincoln in his 172 about 20 minutes ago.

You guys gonna make it to 6y9 tonight?

I should be there about 5pm. I have two stops to make on the way w/ errands to run.

I'll bring cheese and cheese curds from CLI. MMMM!

You guys gonna make it to 6y9 tonight?

I should be there about 5pm. I have two stops to make on the way w/ errands to run.

I'll bring cheese and cheese curds from CLI. MMMM!
Nope -- tomorrow.

Back