On My Way to Sebring

maddog52

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
maddog52
Leaving for the Light Sport Expo in Sebring FL. Stop by booths 4 and 5 (Hansen Air Group/ Sky Arrow)and say howdy if you get the chance. I'll be working there all Friday and Saturday. I'll also be at the Able Flight( www.ableflight.org) presentation in Forum area #3 at 2:30-4:00 on Saturday along with Sean O'Donnell, Kates former student. The director of Able Flight,Charles Stites, will give a presentation on the program and Sean will talk about his experience. Should be interesting.

Mitch

Got back last week and finally got the pictures uploaded of Sebring and Labella Macchina in West Palm. Sebring was hot and sunny on Saturday but cold and overcast or rainy the rest of the time. The only constant was the strong wind that never seemed to let up. It limited demo flights a lot of the time. The weather also seemed to keep the crowds down a bit. There were lots of cool planes and stuff. I was really interested in the guys with the electric aircraft. One trike and an experimental similar to a sonex that should be flying soon. They predict a 2 hour endurance at 65 mph. That is an actually useful aircraft for fun flying.

Labella Macchina is a celebration that Jet Aviation holds every year in their facility at West Palm. They invite their "Jet Set" clients to a great big hangar party. They had a dozen or so corporate jets, high performance GA aircraft, a P-51, and few dozen Ferraris for the guests to ogle. Lots of attractive women around also. I'd say it was a toss up as to which category of toys had the most dollar value in attendance( Planes, Boats, Cars, and Surgical Enhancements)!!:D

Able Flight got to go because Jet Aviation is one of their Platinum sponsors. We had Sean "Cougar" O'Donnells new Sky Arrow there in an area right next to one of the open bars. Lots of interest in the program and the aircraft. Sean and Charles Stites of Able Flight did TV interviews for some local stations. Made some great contacts and had a great time.

Lots of fun!! I would definitely go if you can wangle an invitation. I'll attach some pictures.

Maddog

Attachments

• Horses props and jets.JPG
    Horses props and jets.JPG
    763.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Sean gets the keys.JPG
    Sean gets the keys.JPG
    754.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Seans tv interview.JPG
    Seans tv interview.JPG
    832.7 KB · Views: 7
  • The perfect booth.JPG