Old Voice mail??

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
I have a friend who asked me for advice taking old voicemails and from his Verizon phone and getting them onto his computer.

He has voicemails dating back to 2008 from family members who are now passed still on his phone.

My only suggestion was to play them onto a tape recorder. There must be a better way.

I'd be grateful for some suggestions.

Thanks

Paul
Salome, AZ

If he has an android phone, he can use a program called 'Record My Call'. He will just have to cycle through all of them. As a side note, he can use YouMail for his voice mails, and they will be stored as mp3s.

Oh, another thought. He could use free conference call too. He would still have to go through each voice mail, but it would be saved as an mp3.

Plug a patch cord between the phone and a computer, play the messages, and record them onto the computer using your audio recorder of choice.

-Rich

Plug a patch cord between the phone and a computer, play the messages, and record them onto the computer using your audio recorder of choice.

-Rich

Yep - do this.

Cool.

But this thread saddens me a little thinking about all the deleted voice mails that I wish I had saved from those who are no longer with us. I need to start recording and keeping everything now since my hard drive is like a terrabyte or some crazy size.

If for no other silly reason but to hear the persons voice.

-Rich

I'm not sure why I didn't think of this. That's exactly how I used to record my conference calls.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Back